Blaupunkt TV Remote Not Working: Reasons & DIY Fixes
Are you having issues with the Blaupunkt TV remote? You have come to the right place. If the Blaupunkt TV is not working, it may be due to signal obstructions, pairing issues, or weak batteries. In some cases, the Blaupunkt TV remote might not work even though it has new batteries. Luckily, these problems can be fixed with the workarounds given below.
This article explains how to fix the Blaupunkt TV remote not working issue with preventive measures.
Why is the Blaupunkt TV Remote Not Working
The following reasons are responsible for the Blaupunkt TV remote not responding to the commands.
|1||Due to a speck of dirt, the keys may get stuck inside the remote|
|2||Due to technical glitches on the remote controller|
|3||If it has a pairing issue or the remote gets unpaired from the TV|
|4||Because of interference caused by other IR-based devices|
|5||Due to a speck of dirt, the keys may get stuck inside the remote|
|6||A defective IR emitter may make the remote unresponsive|
|7||Due to a signal blockage, the IR signals won’t be sent to the TV|
How to Fix Blaupunkt Smart TV Remote Not Working
Here are some workarounds to help you fix the Blaupunkt TV remote not working issue.
Replace the Remote Batteries
Insufficient batteries are the first and foremost reason for the Blaupunkt TV remote not to work. Press the keys on the remote and check if your TV responds to the command. If not, try replacing the old batteries with the new AA batteries.
1. Pull the battery cover notch and remove the back cover.
2. Remove the old batteries from your remote.
3. Now, correctly insert two new AA batteries into the battery compartment.
4. Slide the battery cover to close it.
Now, press any key on your remote to check that your remote is working fine. Otherwise, move to the next troubleshooting method.
Clean the Remote
It is important to clean your remote controller once a month. If there is a speck of dirt stuck in between the keys on your remote, it may not work properly. Basic cleaning of a remote will help you to fix the issue.
1. Remove the batteries from your remote.
2. Put some rubbing solution [99.9% isopropyl alcohol] on a microfiber cloth and then wipe down the remote completely.
3. After that, dry the remote with a clean towel. You can use a toothpick to remove the dirt.
4. Then, put the batteries back into the battery compartment.
Finally, check if the Blaupunkt TV remote is working properly without any issues.
Release Stuck Buttons
If you forget to clean the remote periodically, there is a chance for the buttons to get stuck due to the dirt. Consequently, it will affect the remote functions even though it has new batteries. Disassemble the remote using suitable equipment and clean the dirt-settled area to fix this. Whack the remote with your palm to release the jammed buttons.
Clear the Obstructions
If there is an object between the TV and the IR remote, Blaupunkt TV won’t receive any commands due to signal blockage. Remember that the infrared remote requires a direct line of sight to work. Ensure the signal path is clear without obstructing objects like showpieces, speakers, soundbars, etc. If necessary, clean the receiver of the Blaupunkt TV using a microfiber cloth if you see debris on it.
Reset Blaupunkt TV Remote
The remote will also become dysfunctional if you haven’t used the remote for months or years. Therefore, you should reset the Blaupunkt TV remote to drain its residual power.
1. Eject the Blaupunkt TV remote batteries.
2. Clean the battery terminals with a microfiber cloth.
3. Press the Power button on the Blaupunkt TV remote and hold it for 20 seconds.
4. Press the remaining buttons 3-4 times and ensure all buttons are pressed.
5. Insert new batteries into the Blaupunkt TV remote and check if it works.
Pair the Remote
After replacing the old batteries with newer ones on your remote, you need to pair your remote to make it work.
1. Turn on your Blaupunkt TV and point the remote in front of your TV.
2. Press any button on your remote. The LED will blink.
3. Press and hold on to the Left and Home buttons simultaneously on your remote.
4. Release the buttons until you see the flashlight.
5. Select the Blaupunkt remote from the detected remote control devices and press the OK button.
6. After the successful pairing, check if the issue is resolved and your remote works smoothly.
Use an External Device to Pair the Remote
For pairing the Android TV remote controller, you can use an external device like a wireless mouse. This method will be useful to disconnect an already paired remote and pair a new remote.
1. Connect a wireless mouse to the Blaupunkt Android TV’s USB port.
2. Once you see a mouse pointer, click the Settings icon on the home screen.
3. Tap Remotes & Accessories from the options.
4. Click Remote Control and select Add Remote Control.
5. Follow the on-screen guidelines to pair your remote.
Once the pairing is successful, check if you can use the remote without any problems.
Check the IR Emitter
If you can’t control Blaupunkt Android TV using an IR remote, check whether the IR emitter on the remote is working. You can identify the issue by performing a simple IR test.
1. Launch the Camera application on your mobile.
2. Point the remote’ signal head at the rear camera and keep pressing the remote keys.
3. If you see a blinking light on the camera screen, it means that the remote has no issues.
4. If you don’t see any flashlight, it clearly indicates that there is a problem with the remote’s hardware.
In this case, you can buy a universal remote or use the remote app to control your Blaupunkt TV.
Restart Blaupunkt TV
You must restart your Blaupunkt Android TV to fix the temporary glitches like video freezing or buffering issues. Restarting is the simplest method to refresh all the applications installed and data stored in your Android TV. It will not delete anything from your device. Rebooting helps the TV to declutter and run the applications smoothly.
1. Turn off your TV and unplug all the cables from the power socket.
2. Wait for at least two minutes.
3. Plug back all the cables to your TV and wall socket.
4. Turn on your Blaupunkt TV by pressing the Power button.
If the TV is turned on, the remote is working fine. If not, then follow the next troubleshooting methods given below.
Replace Blaupunkt TV Remote
If the issue persists, you can buy a Blaupunkt TV replacement remote. Contact Blaupunkt Customer Service to buy a new remote or request a service. If the TV is under the warranty period, you can even claim a new remote for free. Otherwise, you can use the Blaupunkt TV remote app to control the TV with a smartphone’s IR blaster.
Buy a Universal Remote
You can purchase a universal remote to control multiple Blaupunkt TVs at home. But before using it, you must program a universal remote to the TV using Blaupunkt TV codes. We recommend users buy a Magnavox 8-in-1 universal remote, which can simultaneously control up to 8 devices.
Use the Google TV App
If you don’t want to buy a remote, you can use the Google TV app as a virtual remote for Blaupunkt TV. For this to work, you must connect your Blaupunkt Android TV and smartphone to the same WiFi network.
1. Install the Google TV app on your Android or iPhone.
2. Open the Google TV app on your device.
3. Click the TV remote icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
4. Tap Allow for granting the permission requested by the app.
5. Select Blaupunkt Android TV from the available devices.
6. Input the pairing code displayed on the TV screen and click Pair.
Start controlling your Blaupunkt Android TV using the remote interface.
Press the physical power button to turn on the Blaupunkt TV without a remote.
Yes. You can reset the Blaupunkt TV without a remote using the remote app or TV buttons.