Blaupunkt TV Remote Not Working: Reasons & DIY Fixes
Although Blaupunkt TV is impressive with fantastic features, the remote may go unresponsive at some point. If your Blaupunkt TV is not responding to any of the remote commands, it may be due to signal obstructions, pairing issues, or unknown errors. These problems are frequent in all Smart TV brands, so users don’t need to worry at all. To fix the Blaupunkt TV remote not working issue, you can try these troubleshooting methods except for physical damage.
Why is Blaupunkt TV Remote Not Working
These are the reasons why Blaupunkt TV remote won’t be able to function properly.
|1||The remote will stop working due to insufficient or weak batteries|
|2||Due to technical glitches on the remote controller|
|3||If it has a pairing issue or the remote gets unpaired from the TV|
|4||If the remote and the TV are not connected to the same WiFi network|
|5||Due to a speck of dirt, the keys may stuck inside the remote|
|6||A defective IR emitter may make the remote unresponsive|
|7||Because of a signal blockage, the IR signals won’t be sent to the TV|
How to Fix Blaupunkt Smart TV Remote Not Working
Here are some workarounds which help you fix the Blaupunkt TV remote not working issue.
Replace the Remote Batteries
The first and foremost reason for Blaupunkt TV Remote not working is because of insufficient batteries. Press any button on your remote and check if your TV is responding to your command. If not then try to replace the old batteries with the new set of AA batteries.
1. Gently pull the battery cover notch and then remove the back cover.
2. Remove the old batteries from your remote.
3. Now, insert two new AA batteries correctly into the battery compartment.
4. Slide the battery cover to close it.
Now, press any key on your remote to check that your remote is working fine. Otherwise, move to the next troubleshooting method given below.
Clean your Remote
It is important to clean your remote controller once a month. If there is a speck of dirt stuck in between the keys on your remote, it may not work properly. Basic cleaning of a remote will help you to fix the issue.
1. Remove the batteries from your remote.
2. Put some rubbing solution [99.9% isopropyl alcohol] on a microfiber cloth and then wipe down the remote completely.
3. After that, dry the remote with a clean towel. You can use a toothpick to remove the dirt.
4. Then, put the batteries back into the battery compartment.
Finally, check if the Blaupunkt TV remote is working properly without any issues.
Clear the Obstructions
If there is an object between the TV and the IR remote, Blaupunkt TV won’t receive any commands due to signal blockage. Remember that, the infrared remote requires a direct line of sight to work. Ensure that the signal path should be clear without any obstructing objects like showpieces, speakers, soundbars, etc. If necessary, clean the receiver of the Blaupunkt TV using a microfiber cloth if you see debris on it.
Pair the Remote
After replacing the old batteries with newer ones on your remote, you need to pair your remote to make it work.
1. Turn on your Blaupunkt TV and point the remote in front of your TV.
2. Press any button on your remote. The LED will blink and you will see the pairing screen on your TV.
3. Now, press and hold on to the Left and Home buttons at the same time on your remote.
4. Release the buttons until you see the flashlight.
5. Select the Blaupunkt remote from the detected remote control devices and then press the OK button.
6. After the successful pairing, check if the issue is resolved and your remote is working smoothly.
Use an External Device to Pair the Remote
For pairing the Android TV remote controller, you can use an external device like a wireless mouse. This method will be useful if you want to disconnect an already paired remote and pair a new remote.
1. Connect a wireless mouse to the Blaupunkt Android TV’s USB port.
2. Once you see a mouse pointer, click the Settings icon on the home screen.
3. Tap Remotes & Accessories from the options.
4. Click Remote Control and select Add remote control.
5. Follow the on-screen guidelines to pair your remote.
Once the pairing is successful, check if you can use the remote without any problems.
Check the IR Emitter
If you can’t control Blaupunkt Android TV using an IR remote, check whether the IR emitter on the remote is working or not. You can identify the issue by performing a simple IR test.
1. Open the Camera app on your mobile.
2. Point the remote’ signal head at the rear camera and keep pressing the remote keys.
3. If you see a blinking light on the camera screen, it means that the remote has no issues.
4. If you don’t see any flashlight, it clearly indicates that there is a problem with the remote’s hardware.
In this case, you can either buy a universal remote or use the remote app to control your Blaupunkt TV.
Restart your Blaupunkt Android TV
You must restart your Blaupunkt Android TV to fix the temporary glitches like video freezing or buffering issue. Restarting is the simplest method to refresh all the applications installed and data stored in your Android TV. It will not delete or erase anything from your device. Rebooting helps the TV to declutter and run the applications smoothly.
1. Turn off your TV and unplug all the cables from the power socket.
2. Wait for at least two minutes.
3. Plug back all the cables to your TV and wall socket.
4. Turn on your Blaupunkt Android TV and then press the power button.
If the TV is turned on, then the remote is working fine. If not, then follow the next troubleshooting methods given below.
Replace your Blaupunkt TV Remote
If the issue still persists, you can replace the Blaupunkt TV remote with a newer one. You can contact Blaupunkt customer care to buy a new TV remote or request them to troubleshoot your remote. If the controller is in the warranty period, you can repair and replace the particular part of your remote. If you can’t buy a new remote and you feel that the cost is too high, then you can use the Blaupunkt TV remote app to manage your Android TV through your Android smartphone.
Use the Google TV App
If you don’t want to buy a remote, you can use the Google TV app as a virtual remote for Blaupunkt TV. For this to work, you need to connect your Blaupunkt Android TV and smartphone to the same WiFi network.
1. Install the Google TV app on your Android or iPhone from the respective app store.
2. Open the Google TV app on your device.
3. Click the TV remote icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
4. Tap Allow for granting the permission requested by the app.
5. Select Blaupunkt Android TV from the available devices.
6. Input the pairing code displayed on the TV screen and click Pair.
Start controlling your Blaupunkt Android TV using the remote interface.
You can turn on your Blaupunkt TV without a remote using the physical power button on the back side of your TV or you can use the remote app to turn on your TV.