How to Sync Roku Remote Without Pairing Button
- Using Remote App – Install App → Click Open → Login Roku Account → Click Remote → Go to Settings → Navigate Remote & Device → Click Pair New Device → Click Continue → Roku Remote Synced.
- Using Roku – Go to Settings → Click Remote→ Tap Pair Remote → Sync Roku Remote.
Roku is the cost-effective way to upgrade your normal TV into a smart TV. You will get a Roku voice remote on a new purchase of a Roku device. To use that, you need to pair the Roku remote using the pairing button. However, there are other ways to sync Roku remote without a pairing button. If the pairing button on the Roku remote is accidentally broken, or the remote is not working anymore or is misplaced, you shall try these methods.
Sync Roku Remote Without Pairing Button [Roku Remote App]
1. Install The Roku App app on your smartphone using the following links.
2. Once the Roku app is installed, click Open.
3. Make sure to connect your smartphone and Roku-connected TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
4. Log in to the same Roku account as your TV.
5. Then, click the Remote icon at the bottom left.
6. Once the remote interface appears, use the controls to go to Settings.
7. Further, choose Remotes & Devices.
8. Next, click on Set up a new device/Pair new device.
9. Mark the Remote checkbox and tap Continue.
10. You have successfully synced a Roku remote.
Note: You cannot be able to pair if the remote was already paired with another device. So ensure to disconnect with the other device and try pairing the Roku app.
Sync Roku Remote Using the Pair Remote Option
1. Using the physical buttons, navigate to the Roku TV home screen.
2. Go to Settings and click on the Remotes option.
3. After that, click on Pair Remote.
4. Upon selection, it will automatically sync your Roku remote.
Note: If the pairing is unsuccessful, you have to troubleshoot the Roku remote to fix it.
How to Troubleshooting the Roku Remote
The Roku remotes are designed to last longer, but due to some internal issue or malfunctioning, the remotes might experience some issues. So, we must try troubleshooting it before replacing it with a new one.
Reset Roku Device
You can easily fix the remote pairing issues by manually resetting your Roku device. Find the Reset button on your TV first. It is located underside or backside of your device. Then, you can either use a paperclip or a toothpick to press the reset button and hold it for 10 seconds. Later, you will automatically reset the Roku remote to factory default settings.
Fixing Overheat Issues
Roku remote will not sync or pair properly when it is too hot. Therefore you should remove the batteries from the compartment and let them cool down. Wait for about 10-20 minutes and reinsert the batteries back in. Check the batteries and insert new batteries if the existing batteries are old.
If you have the Roku Voice Remote Pro, the pairing button is on its backside. The pairing button will be under the battery cover for Roku Voice Remote and Roku Enhanced Voice Remote.
The remote pairing light will not flash if the batteries are completely drained. So, you have to charge the Roku remote or replace the batteries to fix the issue.