How to Reset Samsung TV Remote [Complete Guide]
Sometimes, the Samsung TV remote may not be working and it won’t control the TV due to some reasons. It can be caused by dead batteries, pairing issues, and obstructions. To resolve the issue, you can reset your Samsung TV remote instead of trying other troubleshooting methods. Once you reset the remote, you need to pair the Samsung TV remote again to test if it works.
When Should I Reset Samsung TV Remote
If you encounter any of these reasons, you can reset the Samsung TV remote to make it functional.
|1||When the remote is not working after changing new batteries|
|2||If a particular button is not responding even though it is paired|
|3||If you couldn’t able to pair the remote to your Samsung TV|
|4||The remote response is very slower than usual after pairing it twice|
|5||If the voice control on the Smart TV remote is not at all working|
|6||If the red light keeps blinking on the remote after a battery change|
How to Check if the Samsung TV Remote is Defective
Before resetting, it is mandatory to test the IR emitter of the remote. If the test proves that the IR emitter has an issue, you can directly purchase a new replacement remote for Samsung TV.
1. Open the Camera app on your Android or iPhone.
2. You must check whether the IR signal is properly emitting from the remote to the TV.
3. View the remote head through the camera and press any button on the remote.
4. Upon pressing it, check whether you can see the light flashing through the phone camera.
Note: If the IR light does not appear, you must replace the batteries before resetting the remote.
How to Power Reset Samsung TV Remote
1. First, you must remove the batteries from the compartment.
2. Hold the Power button for 10 seconds while removing the batteries. This needs to be done to drain the residual charge completely from the remote.
3. After that, insert the new batteries into the remote compartment.
4. Turn on the Samsung Smart TV, pair the remote, and test whether the functions are working without any problems.
How to Pair Samsung Smart TV Remote
If you have a Samsung Smart TV Remote, you must pair the remote with the TV first to use it. The remote will not work if you forget to pair it. You can simply press and hold the Return and Play/Pause buttons simultaneously for about 3 seconds to initiate remote pairing. You will see the notification as connected if the remote pairing is successful.
Check if Samsung TV Appears in Bluetooth Devices
1. Turn on Bluetooth on your smartphone.
2. Check whether your TV is listed in the available Bluetooth devices.
3. Insert the new batteries into the remote and check again.
If the TV is not displayed in the Bluetooth devices list, the problem may be within the Samsung TV, not the remote. So, you have to reset your Samsung TV without a remote to fix the issue.
How to Reset Samsung TV With or Without Remote
There are three methods to reset the Samsung TV, which are listed as follows,
- Factory Reset via Settings
- Hard Reset with Remote
- Soft Reset without Remote
How to Factory Reset Samsung TV from Settings
1. Launch Settings on your TV.
2. Click on General and choose Reset.
3. Enter the PIN to continue (Enter 0000, which is the default).
4. Once you enter the PIN, the resetting process will begin on your Samsung TV.
How to Hard Reset Samsung TV With Remote
1. Switch on your Samsung TV by pressing the Power button.
2. Press and hold the Exit button on the remote for about 12 seconds.
3. The standby light on the TV will continuously flash while you hold the Exit button.
4. You will see a factory reset prompt on the TV screen.
5. Click on OK to confirm the reset.
How to Soft Reset Samsung TV Without Remote
1. Switch off the Samsung TV by pressing the Power button on the TV.
2. Press and hold the Start (Power) button of the TV for about 15 seconds.
Note: The Power button will be on the TV’s backside or underside.
3. At last, turn on your TV.
Use a Universal Remote
If none of the fixes worked to resolve your remote issues, you can program a universal remote to the Samsung TV and use it as a substitute.
1. Press the Home button on your Samsung TV remote.
If the remote is not working completely, install and open the SmartThings app on your phone and press Home.
2. Select Connected Devices and choose Universal Remote.
3. Click Start and choose your Device Type.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the setup process.
First, switch off the TV at the power source. After that, press and hold the Start button on the TV’s backside or under the front panel for 15 seconds. Later, switch on your TV from the power source.
The Samsung TV remote has a blinking red light only if it has worn-out batteries. Eject the old batteries and replace them with newer ones to fix the issue.
By default, all Smart TVs have built-in physical buttons to turn on/off, adjust volume, etc. So, you can locate and press the Input button to change the input on Samsung TV without a remote.
Press and hold the Return and Enter buttons for about 10 seconds on your Samsung solar remote to reset it.
Turn on your TV and press any button on your remote. Press and hold the Return and Play/Pause buttons for 3 seconds. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the pairing process.