How to Factory Reset Samsung TV Without Remote
- Connect a keyboard or mouse to reset your Samsung TV without a remote.
- Using the SmartThings App: Open SmartThings → Select your Samsung TV → Tap Remote → Press the Home button → Click on General → Tap Reset → Enter the PIN → Click Yes to confirm.
- Reset Samsung TV With Remote: Press the Home button → Settings → Support → Self Diagnosis → Click Reset → Enter the 4-digit PIN → Tap Yes for confirmation.
If the software issues are frequently repeated on Samsung Smart TV, you should perform a soft or hard reset to resolve it. In addition, you can factory reset your Samsung TV when your Samsung TV shows a black screen, freezes, takes too long to load, or the sound or audio not working issue. If your Samsung TV remote is not working, use a keyboard or mouse to factory reset your Samsung TV without a remote. In addition, you can install the SmartThings app on your smartphone to do the same.
How to Factory Reset Samsung TV Without Remote using Keyboard
Samsung TV is compatible with both wired and wireless keyboards. If you have a wireless keyboard, take the USB adapter and connect it to the Samsung TV’s USB port. In the case of a wired keyboard, you shall attach it to the USB port. The process is the same for the wired keyboard and mouse.
1. Turn on your Samsung TV by pressing the physical power button.
2. Press and hold the Esc button on the external keyboard and click the Start button to open the menu.
3. Then press the arrow buttons to highlight General and tap the Enter button.
4. Scroll to the bottom to highlight Reset and click the Enter key.
5. Enter the PIN (0000) to continue.
6. On the pop-up window, select Reset and press the Enter button.
7. At last, select Yes if it asks for confirmation.
This will reset your Samsung TV to factory defaults.
How to Factory Reset Samsung TV using SmartThings App
You can use the Samsung TV Remote app, aka SmartThings application, to control Samsung TVs and smart home devices using your smartphone. Visit the Google Play Store or App Store to install the app for free. Make sure to connect your mobile and TV to the same WIFI network for remote pairing.
1. Open the SmartThings app on your Android or iOS device.
2. Select your Samsung TV to connect.
3. Click on Remote to view the remote interface.
4. After that, go to the Samsung TV menu → click General → tap Reset.
5. Enter the 4-digit PIN to reset Samsung TV to factory settings.
Note: Check out the article Change Input on Samsung TV With/Without Remote.
How to Hard Reset Samsung TV With Remote
Factory Reset is the best way to eliminate unidentified errors on your Samsung TV. However, the procedure to reset will vary for each model.
Reset Samsung TV (E/F/H/J Series)
1. Take your Samsung TV remote and press the MENU button.
2. From the menu, scroll down and click on Support.
3. Further, choose the Self Diagnosis option.
4. Next, click the Reset option.
5. Enter the PIN (by default 0000).
6. Select Yes to confirm the reset.
Factory Reset Samsung TV (K/M/N/R Series)
1. On the Samsung TV remote, press the Home button to view the home screen.
2. Click on the gear-shaped Settings icon.
3. After that, scroll down and choose Support.
4. Further, click on Self Diagnosis.
5. Following that, tap Reset.
6. If prompted, enter the PIN to continue.
7. Finally, it will ask for confirmation. Highlight Yes and press Enter.
Bonus Trick: Get a Samsung TV Universal Remote
You can also use a universal remote to control Samsung TV and reset it. The great thing is you can use a single remote to control multiple Samsung TVs. However, it is essential to know the Samsung TV remote codes for programming a remote. Samsung TV universal remotes are available online on Amazon and Walmart. You should check the model compatibility carefully before you make a purchase.
How to Fix Samsung TV Reset Not Available Issue
Sometimes, you might find the reset button on the Samsung TV is greyed out, and you may not know what to do next. Samsung TV disables the factory resetting option due to the apps running in the background. To fix the issue, you must close all the running apps in the background to reset the device without or with the remote.
Frequently Asked Questions
Unplug the TV cord from the power source. Keep it unplugged for 30 seconds. Press and hold the Power button on the Samsung TV to drain power residuals. Later, plug the TV cord back in.
To reset Samsung Smart Hub, Go to Settings → Support → Service Care → Self Diagnosis → Reset Smart Hub.
To do this, go to Settings > General > Reset > Enter PIN as 0000 > Reset > OK.