How to Program Cox Contour Remote to TV
- Cox Contour Remote can be programmed by Device Code Entry or Automatic Code Search.
- Device Code Entry – Get TV Code → Press TV Mode button → Setup Enter 4-Digit code → Press Power button.
- Automatic Code Search – Turn on TV → TV Button Setup button → Allow it to Search Codes → Press the Select button.
Cox Contour TV is worthy if you want to watch thousands of on-demand titles and live TV channels. The Cox remote control works as a universal remote and comes along with the Cox setup box, or you can purchase a Cox Contour remote controller separately. Either way, you should pair it to control your smart TV. With this, you can control up to four devices, including TV, soundbars, DVRs, DVDs, or Blu-ray players. The Cox Contour remote supports voice commands and thus simplifies navigation. Before finding details on how to program Cox Contour remote to the TV, you shall take a look at the types of Cox Contour remote controllers.
Types of Cox Contour Remotes
The following is the list of Cox remote control models that works on your different devices.
- Cox TV remote control of models such as URC 8820 & M7820
- The Counter remotes XR15, XR11, & XR5
- The Basic box remotes such as RF3220-R & URC2220
- Big button remotes like RT-SR50 and 81-1031
How to Program Cox Contour Remote to TV (Device Code Entry)
Based on your remote, follow the steps below to program the Cox Contour remote to your TV.
Note: For all Cox remotes, make sure to take a note of your TV code using the CodeFinder.
Get Your TV Code
1. First of all, go to urcsupport.com from a browser.
2. Once you visit this webpage, select your Remote Type.
3. Scroll down and click on Add New Television below the CodeFinder.
4. Select your TV brand and click on Enter my model number.
- Click on Enter my model number to get a valid TV code.
- Otherwise, click on I don’t know my model number and note down the list of codes.
For Contour URC 8820 Remote
1. Turn on your smart TV and point the remote to your TV.
2. Press the TV mode button on the remote.
3. Then press and hold the Select and Mute buttons simultaneously.
4. Release these buttons once the TV mode key blinks twice.
5. Enter the 4-digit TV code using the remote’s number pad.
6. After entering, tap the Power button to check whether the remote is paired.
For Contour M7820 Remote
1. Once you turn on the TV, press the TV button using the remote.
2. Then click and hold the Setup button for a few seconds.
3. Release the Setup button if you see that the TV button starts blinking.
4. Enter the 4-digit code carefully using the number pad.
5. Finally, press the Power button to see if the remote is working.
For Mini Box RF3220-R Remote
1. First of all, switch on your smart TV.
2. Tap the TV power button once.
3. After that, press and hold the Setup button.
4. Release the Setup button if the LED light flashes twice.
5. Enter the 4-digit TV code of your TV brand.
6. At last, click the Power button on the remote. If it has been paired, your TV will turn off.
Note – Like Cox Contour remote, you can program Optimum remote with or without codes.
How to Pair Cox Contour Remote to TV (Automatic Code Search)
There is another method to program Cox Contour remote to the TV. Here’s how to do it.
Cox URC 8820 Remote
- Turn on your TV and point the remote to the TV.
- Click the TV button once on the remote.
- Press and hold the Setup button.
- Release the Setup button if the TV mode button blinks twice.
- Next, press and hold the Select button. It will search all the codes and will apply the right code.
- If the code is identified, your TV will turn off.
- Release the Select button because it has been paired now.
Cox M7820 Remote
- Firstly, switch on your TV using the physical button.
- Then tap the TV button on the remote once.
- Afterward, press and hold the Setup button.
- You can release the Setup button if the mode button blinks twice.
- Press 9-9-1 using the remote’s number pad.
- Then click the Power button once and continuously press CH+ and CH- buttons to initiate a code search.
- Release these buttons if the TV is turned off.
- Lastly, click the Setup button to store the code.
Mini Box RF3220-R Remote
- Press the Power button on the TV to switch it on.
- Using the remote, press and hold the Setup button for a while.
- If the LED light blinks twice, you should release the Setup button.
- Next, press the TV Power button once.
- To run an automatic code search, press and hold the Select button.
- Your TV will turn off if a code is determined. Release the Select button now.
How to Program XR15 Remote to TV
1. First, switch on your TV and take the XR15 remote in hand.
2. Press and hold the Contour and Mute buttons together.
3. Release both buttons if you see a green LED light.
4. Enter the 5-digit TV code based on your TV brand.
Refer to the user manual to know the TV code.
5. After entering the code, the status LED will blink twice.
6. Now press the Power button and ensure it is paired or not.
How to Program XR11 Remote to TV
1. Turn on your TV by pressing the TV’s power button.
2. On the XR11 remote, press and hold the Setup button.
3. Release the Setup button if the LED light has been turned green.
4. Enter the 5-digit TV code by checking the user manual.
5. If the LED light blinks twice, press the Power button.
6. Your TV will turn off if the remote has been paired.
How to Program Mini Box URC2220 Remote to TV
1. Switch on your TV and then press the TV Power button.
2. Following that, press and hold the Setup button.
3. If the LED light starts blinking, release the Setup button.
4. Enter the valid remote code by referring to the user manual of your TV.
5. If you have entered it, press the Power button to test the remote.
Note – Simple ways to program your Fios remote with the TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you don’t know the TV code, you can program the Cox Contour remote to the TV using the Automatic Code Search method. Refer to the above instructions for a clear understanding.
Click the B button on the Cox Contour remote to go to the Settings menu. If there is no B button, tap the CONTOUR button and then highlight the Settings menu using the arrow keys.