How to Charge Apple TV Remote [All Models]
- Charge Apple TV Remote 3rd Gen: Take the USB-C cable → Connect one end to the Siri Remote → Another end to the Apple USB-C power adapter → Wait for 3 hours to fully charge.
- Charge Apple TV Remote 1st/2nd Gen: Take the Lightning cable → Connect one end to the Siri Remote → Another end to an Apple USB power adapter → Wait for 3 hours to fully charge the remote.
- Check the Remote Battery Level: Open Settings on Apple TV → Remote and Devices → Remote.
- For Apple Remote Aluminium, replace the old battery with a CR2032 or BR2032 battery.
The Apple TV Remote will stop working if the batteries are weak or drained. If you are using an Apple TV 4th generation, you will get a warning message on the TV screen if the Siri remote runs out of charge. So, it is important to know how to charge the Apple TV Siri remote. It is one fix that resolves the Apple TV remote not working issue.
Important Note: Those using Apple TV White or Aluminium remote need to change the battery as those models have removable batteries.
How to Check Apple TV Remote Battery Charge Percentage
1. Open Settings on your Apple TV.
2. Then click on Remotes and Devices from the list of options.
3. Next, choose the Remote option.
💡 If you are charging the remote, the battery level will be indicated as a lightning bolt.
4. You can see the battery level of the Siri Remote.
How to Charge Apple TV Siri Remote (3rd Generation)
1. Connect one end of the USB-C cable to the Siri Remote port.
💡 You can find the port provision at the bottom of the Siri Remote.
2. Next, connect the other end of the cable to an Apple USB-C power adapter or your computer’s USB-C port.
3. You have successfully plugged in the Siri Remote for charging.
📌 You must wait 3 hours to fully charge the Siri Remote.
Note: You have to purchase the USB-C Charge Cable from the Apple Store. It is not included with the Apple TV.
How to Charge Apple TV Siri Remote (1st or 2nd Generation)
1. First, connect one end of a Lightning cable to the Siri Remote Lightning port.
💡 The Lighting port is provided on the bottom of the Siri Remote.
2. Then connect the other end of the cable to an Apple USB power adapter or a Mac USB port.
3. Wait for three hours to fully charge the remote.
FYI: You should buy the Apple USB power adapter at an extra cost because it is not provided with the Apple TV.
Note: You can better replace Apple TV Remote if it isn’t working or is damaged.
How to Charge Old Apple Remote (Aluminium)
If you have an Apple Remote (Aluminium), there is no way to charge the remote. Instead, you can replace the old battery with a new one. Follow the instructions to replace the Apple Remote battery.
1. Locate the battery component on the Apple Remote backside.
2. Use a coin to open the battery door by turning it counterclockwise.
3. Pop out the battery.
4. Now insert the new CR2032 or BR2032 lithium 3V coin battery into the socket.
📌 Make sure that the positive side of the battery faces your side upon inserting the battery.
Frequently Asked Questions
Apple Siri Remote takes up to 3 hours to fully charge if you plug in at 20% battery level.
Initially, charge the Siri Remote for 30 minutes via a USB-C to USB cable or Lightning to USB cable and a USB wall charger. Further, unplug the Apple TV cord from the source. Keep it unplugged for about six seconds. Later, plug the cord back in.
If you are using the Apple TV Remote rarely, it is enough to charge a few times a year. In case of a low remote battery level, you will get an alert message on the TV screen. Else, you can go to settings and check the battery percentage.