6 Ways to Change Input on TCL TV Without Remote
- Physical buttons: Press the Source button → Highlight the input → Long press the Source button.
- TCL TV Remote App: Open TCL TV Remote → Choose a remote → Tap the Source button → Select Input.
- External Device: Connect a keyboard or mouse to the TCL TV → change the input.
- Google TV App: Open Google TV → Tap TV Remote → Choose TCL Android TV → Enter the code → Tap Pair → Press the Inputs icon → Select the input.
- The Roku App: Launch The Roku App → Click Devices → Select TCL Roku TV → Tap Remote → Press the Home button → Settings → TV Inputs → Choose the input.
- Amazon Fire TV App: Open Amazon Fire TV → Select TCL Fire TV → Press and hold the microphone button → Say the voice command → Switch to HDMI (Name) → Then release the button.
TCL is one of the top television brands and has a range of Smart TVs from the budget to the premium range. Notably, the TCL XL series televisions will have 4 HDMI ports. So you can connect streaming devices, soundbars, gaming consoles, Blu-Ray players, or cable/set-top boxes. Sometimes the TCL TV remote is not working due to physical damage or other factors. In such cases, you can use the following methods to change the input on TCL TV without a remote.
How to Change Input on TCL TV Without Remote
When you don’t have access to the TCL remote controller, you shall rely on the following ways to change the input of the TCL TV.
Change TCL TV Input using the Physical Button
You shall use physical buttons to control the TCL TV if the remote has been lost or stopped working.
The physical buttons are located on the underside of the TCL logo. In some TV models, the buttons will be on the left or right edges of the TV frame.
- Once you have identified it, press the Source button.
- Multiple inputs will be displayed on the TV screen.
- Highlight the input you want by pressing the Source button.
- To confirm, long press the Source button to change the input.
Change Input Source on TCL TV from Smartphone
Alternatively, you can use a third-party app, “TCL TV Remote,” to change the input of your wish. This app is supported on all Android smartphones running Android 5.0 and later. In addition, your smartphone must have an IR blaster to emit signals to the TV sensor. Here’s how to change the source on TCL TV without a remote.
1. Go to the Google Play Store and install the TCL TV Remote app on your smartphone.
2. After the installation, open the TCL TV Remote app.
3. Choose the remote based on the model you have.
4. Press the Source button to view all the inputs.
5. Select the desired input using the directional buttons.
6. Finally, press the OK button to confirm your choice.
Note: There are many third-party TCL TV Remote App on the Google Play Store. These apps can also be used to control TCL TV without using a remote.
Use Keyboard/Mouse to Change Input on TCL TV
As all TCL TVs are compatible with external devices, you can connect a keyboard or mouse to control your TV. For easy navigation, you should use wireless keyboards that have a built-in touchpad. This is useful because you can operate the keyboard at a range of 10-15 meters by comfortably sitting on a sofa.
We recommend users get the Logitech K600 TV wireless keyboard that features D-pad and touchpad. This is perfect for large rooms which can work in a long range of up to 49 feet. To use a wireless keyboard, plug the USB adapter into the TV’s port, and you are good to go. Click Home from the left sidebar, and select the corresponding input to change.
Change Input on TCL Android TV using Google TV
The Google TV application has a built-in remote to control all Android TV models. Luckily, this app is free, but you need a strong WIFI network. Also, you must connect TCL Android TV to the same WIFI network as your smartphone.
1. Install the Google TV app from the Google Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS/iPadOS).
2. Open the Google TV app once the installation is complete.
3. Sign in to your Google account.
4. Click the TV Remote icon that appears at the bottom.
5. It will start searching for nearby Android TVs.
6. Select your TCL Android TV from the list.
7. A pairing code will appear on the TV screen.
8. Enter the code into the app and click on Pair.
9. It is now ready to control the TCL Android TV.
10. Click the Inputs icon from the home screen.
11. Next, click on the desired input to switch to it.
Use The Roku App to Change Input on TCL TV without Remote
The Roku App is a must-have application for those who have TCL Roku TV. It allows users to browse TV channels, movies, and series and add favorites to their watchlist. Furthermore, you can use voice commands to play a title, set a sleep timer or change the input.
Follow these instructions to change the input on TCL Roku TV using The Roku App.
1. Launch the Google Play Store or App Store on your Android or iOS device.
2. Search for The Roku App and click the respective app icon.
💡 Connect the TCL Roku TV and your smartphone to the same WIFI network.
4. Launch The Roku App.
5. Sign in to your Roku account to continue.
6. When the home page is displayed, click the Devices tab at the bottom.
7. Choose TCL Roku TV from the nearby devices list.
8. Once it is connected, click the Remote icon.
9. Using the remote interface, press the Home button.
10. Following that, click on Settings and select TV Inputs.
11. From the list, select the input you want to change.
Note: You can also tap the microphone button and say, “Switch to HDMI 2” to change the input using voice command.
Change Input on TCL Fire TV using Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV is an application that lets you control Fire TV devices from an Android or iOS smartphone. As it is integrated with Alexa, you can easily search TV shows using voice commands. Furthermore, it allows users to record shows and watch them offline at any time.
Here are the steps to change the input on TCL Fire TV using the Amazon Fire TV app.
1. Install the Amazon Fire TV app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
2. Connect the TCL Fire TV and your Android/iOS device to the same WIFI network.
3. Upon installation, open the Amazon Fire TV app.
4. The app will auto-detect TCL Fire TV as both devices are on the same WIFI network.
5. Follow the on-screen prompts to access the remote control.
6. Now press and hold the microphone button and say, “Switch to HDMI 1″ with your voice.
7. Aim the remote at the TCL Fire TV and release the microphone button.
8. It will change to the corresponding input.
Note: Ensure to add devices to Fire TV before you use voice commands. Go to Settings → Equipment Control → Manage Equipment → Add Equipment → Follow the on-screen instructions.
Change Input on TCL TV with Remote
Here are the easy steps to change the input on TCL Android TV with a remote.
1. Press the Inputs/Source button on the TCL TV remote.
2. It will display a list of source choices on the TV screen.
3. Use the directional arrow keys to highlight the input you want.
4. After that, press the OK button to switch to the selected input.
Frequently Asked Questions
If the TCL Roku TV remote has been lost, you should use The Roku App as a remote control. The app is free to download from the Google Play Store and App Store.
For TCL Android TV, the manual buttons are located underneath the TV logo. If you have TCL Roku TV, the physical buttons will be on the underside of the lower left or right backside of the TV.