Pair DirecTV Remote to HD Receiver: Press the Menu button → Settings → Remote Control → Program Remote → Select the device → Use the code lookup tool to get a 5-digit code → Follow the on-screen prompts to program the remote.
Program DirecTV Remote to SD Receiver: Press the Menu button → Click on Parental Favorites & Setup → System Setup → Remote/Remote Control → Program Remote → Select the device → Get a 5-digit code using the code lookup tool → Follow the on-screen instructions.
Program DirecTV Remote to TV: Turn on the TV → Adjust the slide switch to TV mode → Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT buttons → Enter the 5-digit code → Aim the remote at the TV and press the Power button.
DirecTV Remote is capable of controlling 4 devices. It works with smart TVs, sound systems, gaming consoles, and DVD players. There are two types of DirecTV remotes: Universal Remote and Genie Remote. However, you must know the DirecTV Remote TV codes to program the remote and start controlling the TV.
Table of Contents
DirecTV Remote Codes for All TV Brands
You can use the following remote codes while programming the DirecTV Remote.
8. Next, select the DirecTV remote based on the model number.
📌 The Model number is written on the top left corner of the remote.
9. Further, click on Add New TV.
10. Select your TV brand name from the list.
11. Then tap I don’t know my model number.
💡 You can also click on Enter my model number and enter the TV serial number to get the exact code.
12. Take note of the remote codes displayed on the screen.
13. Now, enter the 5-digit on the TV screen.
14. Follow the instructions to program the DirecTV remote to your receiver.
How to Program DirecTV Remote to the TV
1. Switch on the Smart TV.
2. From the list of codes, identify the 5-digit code of your TV.
3. Adjust the slide switch on the DirecTV remote to the TV mode.
4. Next, press and hold the MUTE and SELECT buttons simultaneously.
📌 Keep hold of these buttons until the green indicator light blinks twice.
5. Now, enter the 5-digit code.
6. If the green indicator light flashes twice, the code is correct.
7. Point the DirecTV remote at the TV sensor and press the Power button.
8. If your TV is turned off, you have successfully programmed the remote.
How to Activate the TV Input Button
1. Adjust the slider of the DirecTV remote to TV mode.
2. Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT buttons until the green indicator blinks twice.
3. Enter 9-6-0 using the number pad of the DirecTV remote.
💡 In this case, the green indicator light below the TV icon will blink twice.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to find the remote codes for the DirecTV RC73 remote?
Visit the DirecTV Remote Control Code Lookup tool webpage. Select RC73 remote from the list of remotes. Then follow the on-screen prompts to get the corresponding remote code for your TV.
2. How to buy the DirecTV remote replacement?
Visit the official website directv.com to order a new or replacement remote control. Then sign in with your username and password to access your profile.
3. How to reset the DirecTV remote?
Press and keep hold of the MUTE and SELECT buttons. Release these buttons once the LED light on the remote blinks thrice. Further, press and hold the 9-8-1 and SELECT buttons simultaneously. The remote indicator light will blink four times to finish the reset.