How to Install and Use Xfinity TV Remote App
- Install Xfinity Remote App: Open Google Play Store or App Store → Search for Xfinity TV Remote → Click Get/Install.
- How to Use: Launch XFINITY TV Remote → Tap Get Started → Sign in with Xfinity ID, and password → Select your TV box → Start using the app as a remote control.
- Record Shows: Go to TV Listings → Select the program → Click the Record button.
Xfinity TV is a famous cable TV service for watching live TV, on-demand movies, TV shows, and many more. With Xfinity X1, you can stream over 100 channels in 4K Ultra HD, which includes a Peacock Premium subscription. If you can’t program the Xfinity remote or are looking for an alternative way to control your TV, you can use the Xfinity TV Remote app as a remote control.
How to Install the Xfinity TV Remote App
Here are the guidelines to download and install the Xfinity TV Remote application.
1. Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your Android or iOS smartphone.
2. Enter XFINITY TV Remote in the search bar and search for it.
3. Click the XFINITY TV Remote icon from the search results.
4. Tap Get/Install on the Play Store or App Store to begin the installation.
How to Use the Xfinity TV Remote App
Follow the instructions to use the Xfinity TV Remote as a remote control.
1. Launch the XFINITY TV Remote app on an Android or iOS smartphone.
2. Click Get Started.
3. Next, sign in with your Xfinity username and password.
Note: If you are a Westinghouse TV user and there is any issue with the physical remote, you shall check out the steps to set up and use Westinghouse TV Remote App.
4. Choose your preferred TV box by clicking the icon at the top left corner.
💡 Optionally, go to Settings and then choose a TV box. To do so, turn on the TV box and your TV.
5. Select the TV Box from the list.
6. Now, you can start using the app as a remote control.
FYI: The app works with several Comcast TV boxes and Xfinity X1 TV boxes.
How to Record Shows on Xfinity TV Remote
Xfinity X1 and non-X1 customers with Comcast DVR service can record shows by the following steps.
1. Go to the TV Listings within the app.
2. Select the program that you wish to record.
3. Tap the Record button.
📌 It is impossible to record Xfinity On Demand shows.
The Xfinity TV Remote application has some notable features, which are classified as follows.
- Rename cable boxes, manage DVR recordings, and use a smartphone or tablet as a remote control.
- Dedicated filters to sort categories like Sports, Kids, High Definition, Closed Captioning, etc.
- Get access to the XFINITY On Demand library featuring movies and TV shows.
- Use voice commands to find shows, change TV channels, or launch apps.
The Xfinity TV Remote application is supported on the following devices.
- iPad (requires iPadOS 12.0 or above)
- iPhone (requires iOS 12.0 or later)
- iPod Touch (requires iOS 12.0 or above)
- Android smartphone or tablet (Android 4.4 or up)
Incompatible TV Boxes
The Xfinity TV Remote application is incompatible with the following TV boxes.
- Samsung TV Boxes
- Panasonic TV Boxes
- TV Adapters
- SA 3100HD
- Motorola DCT 1000
- SA 2010
- Motorola DCT 1200
- SA 8300C
- Motorola DCT 1700
- SA8000 and 8000HD
- Motorola DCT 3200
- Pace 510
- Pace 551
- Pace 550
- Pace 511
💡 However, all Comcast customers can check their TV Listings even though the app is incompatible.
Frequently Asked Questions
If the Xfinity TV Remote has been programmed with the TV, you can press the Power button to turn your TV on/off. Make sure that the TV box is turned on while doing this.
If the Xfinity TV Remote app is not working, check whether your device is compatible. If so, update the app to the latest version.