How to Program Xfinity Remote [Easy Guide]
Xfinity TV is a subscription-based cable TV streaming service. It features local and national TV channels, including sports, news, popular TV shows, and more. In addition, it allows users to stream Xfinity On Demand movies and TV shows. Xfinity is compatible with smart TV, desktop or laptop, smartphone, tablet, and Roku streaming players. Similarly, they also have an Xfinity remote that controls TVs from other brands using a unique remote code. But, before using it, make sure to program the Xfinity Remote with the device to control it.
Types of Xfinity Remotes
Xfinity remotes are of different types, so you have to determine whether it has a setup button or not. The setup button is available at the bottom of the keypad for XR11, XR5, XR2, and silver remotes. But there is no setup button for XR15 or XR16 Remote. Based on the remote type, the process of programming the remote would vary.
How to Program an X1 Xfinity Remote
1. Switch on your TV.
2. Select the appropriate input to which TV is connected.
3. Press and hold the Setup button on your Xfinity remote.
4. If the setup button is unavailable, press and hold the Xfinity and Info(i) buttons simultaneously.
5. Your remote’s LED light will change from red to green.
6. Next, tap the Xfinity button.
7. Take a note of the 3-digit code that appears on the screen.
8. Enter the code using your TV remote.
9. Once the pairing the successful, the Remote Pairing Complete notification will appear on the screen.
10. At last, click on OK.
Xfinity Remote Codes
|Haier||11034, 10178, 11265, 10768, 11009|
|Hitachi||11145, 10145, 12243, 12143, 11904, 11345, 11960|
|Philips||11154, 10054, 10037, 10690, 11483|
|Sansui||10463, 11409, 11904, 11911, 11935|
How to Program Xfinity Remote Using Online Code Lookup Method
The Xfinity Remote Code is a tool available on their official website. It allows you to access the unique code to program the Xfinity remote.
. Select the model of the remote from the list and proceed by clicking on the Continue option.
. On the next screen, mention the type of device you wish to pair your remote with, be it a TV or other audio device.
. Next, provide the manufacturer’s name.
. On confirming the device, we will receive the code on the screen and instructions on how to program the remote.
In the process, we might revise more than one code. So, in case the code does not work. Ensure to repeat the process with the alternative code until the remote works. The configuration may change based on the Xfinity remote models.
Program Non-Voice Xfinity Remote Models
While configuring the non-voice Xfinity remote model, the process might vary depending on the features of the remote. Some remotes would have a setup button, Numpad, or Programming code to process the configuration of the remote.
1. First, insert the batteries on your remote and turn on your TV and set-top box.
2. Ensure the TV is on the TV input.
2. Press and hold the Setup or Xfinity and info button until the LED light changes from red to green.
3. Enter the appropriate 4-digit or 5-digit code using the Numpad on your remote from the above website.
4. If the code is valid, the LED light blinks green twice. Suppose the code is incorrect, then the LED light will flash red along with green.
Since there are multiple codes, enter the correct code and try again until the pairing is successful.
Program Xfinity Remote XR11 Voice with Setup Button
Though XR11 is a voice remote, it does not support voice commands to initiate remote programming. So, this remote also needs to be configured using the Setup button.
1. Press and hold the Setup button until the light on the remote changes from red to green.
2. Refer to the universal remote code provided by the TV manufacturers.
3. Try the first code recommended, and in case the code does not work, repeat the same process with a different code available.
Program Xfinity Voice Remote Without Setup Button
The basic difference between XR15 & XR16 is that the XR16 model remote does not have a Numpad. So, the programming process can be initiated using voice control. Moreover, both the remotes do not have a setup button.
For XR15 Voice Remote for X1 or Flex
1. Switch on your TV.
2. Press and hold the Xfinity and Mute buttons together for 5 seconds until the light on the remote changes from red to green.
3. Type the five-digit code of the TV manufacturer from the list.
- If the remote light glows green twice, it means that the code you have entered is correct.
- In case the light blinks red and green, the code is incorrect. So, you might have to seek the correct remote code that works.
4. After pairing, direct the remote to the TV, and tap the Power button. Now, you will be able to control the device.
For XR16 Voice Remote for Flex
1. Ensure that the TV and the TV box are on.
2. Remove the pull tab on the back side of your remote to activate it.
3. Point your remote to the TV box and tap the Microphone (Voice) button.
4. Complete the setup process by following the on-screen instructions on the TV screen.
5. Finally, press and hold the Microphone (Voice) button and say Program Remote.
However, you can also navigate to the remote programming instruction through the Remote Settings option.
How to Program Xfinity Remote to Control TV and Audio Device
1. Turn on your TV and set-top box.
2. From your remote, press and hold the Setup button until the LED light changes from red to green.
3. Next, click 9-9-1 on your remote so that the LED light will blink green twice.
4. Following that, tap the CH^ button repeatedly until the TV gets turned off.
5. Press the Setup button once the TV turns off.
6. Now, tap the Power button. If it turns on, then the remote pairing is successful.
How to Program Using the Xfinity My Account App
1. Download and install the Xfinity My Account app on your Android or iOS device.
- For Android: Google Play Store
- For iOS: App Store
2. Turn on your TV and the setup box.
3. Open the Xfinity My Account app and choose the TV icon.
4. Select your TV box and click on the Setup button on the remote.
5. Swipe the option to select the remote control model and click on Continue.
6. Select TV or Audio/Other and follow the on-screen instructions to program.
7. Once the process is completed, the remote will be paired successfully.
You can follow the TV and Audio device programming guidelines to pair Roku TV and the Xfinity Remote.
Enter the Vizio remote code 11758 or 11756 by following the above methods to program Xfinity remote to Vizio TV. If none of the remote codes work, you can still use the Vizio TV Remote App to control the TV.