DIY Fixes for Kogan TV Remote Not Working With Reasons
Kogan is one of the leading TV manufacturers in Australia that offers a physical remote with a box like all brands. No matter how there is a chance for the Kogan remote to stop working due to numerous reasons. Other than physical damage, minor issues like obstructions, weak batteries, and remote pairing problems can be fixed with troubleshooting methods. Therefore, you can rely on the following workarounds to fix the not working issue besides purchasing a universal remote for your Kogan TV.
Why is Kogan TV Remote Not Working
If you encounter problems using the Kogan TV remote, it may be due to the following reasons.
|1||Blockage in the IR signal may stop your remote functioning|
|2||If the Kogan TV remote has weak or drained batteries|
|3||Cause of the technical glitches on your remote controller|
|4||A speck of dirt or gunk on the keys of the remote|
|5||If the remote is already paired with some other device|
|6||Due to signal obstructions while using the IR remote|
|7||Because of physical damage, the remote’s hardware may be faulty|
How to Fix Kogan TV Remote Not Working
Here are some problem-solving methods which will help fix the Kogan TV remote not working issue.
Change the Remote Batteries
Batteries play a vital role in remote controllers. If the batteries are low or drained completely, the remote will not work properly. So, you need to test the remote to ensure it works. Remove the back cover of your remote and then remove the batteries. Press and hold the Power button for at least 5-10 seconds. After that, insert the batteries and press any key to check whether it is working or not. If it is not working, then it’s time to replace it with new AA batteries. If the issue still persists, proceed with the next troubleshooting method to make it work.
Note: Battery replacement is the best workaround of all which also helps to fix the LG magic remote wheel not working.
Clean the Remote
Sometimes, the keys on your remote will not work due to the dirt or gunk jammed in between the buttons. To avoid this problem, it is recommended to clean your Kogan TV remote at least once a week. You can use 99% isopropyl alcohol solution, microfiber cloth, toothpicks, cotton swabs, or tissue paper, to clean your remote. After that, reinsert the batteries and check if the Kogan TV remote is working without any issues.
Test the Remote Signal
If the Kogan TV remote is not working even with new batteries, the issue may be with the remote’s IR emitter. However, this issue can be identified by performing an IR emitter test using a smartphone’s camera.
1. Open the Camera app on your smartphone and choose rear mode.
2. Keep your smartphone in a way that you can see the remote’s signal head using a camera
3. Press the remote keys randomly and check whether you can able to see the flashlight.
4. If the light blinks while pressing the remote keys, there are no issues with the Kogan TV remote.
The flashlight won’t appear if the remote is found defective due to wear and tear.
Clear the Obstructions
Normally, infrared remotes need a clear path to send signals to the receiver. If there is an object between the TV and the remote, the TV won’t respond to remote commands because of obstructions. Therefore, you should relocate showpieces or soundbars if they were placed in front of the TV sensor. In addition, wipe the sensor using a microfiber cloth to clean the dirt on it.
Pair Kogan TV Remote
If the remote is paired with other nearby devices, your TV will not respond. In such a scenario, you must re-pair your remote with your TV.
1. Place your remote controller in front of your TV.
2. Now, press the Back and Volume Down buttons simultaneously for at least 3 seconds.
3. Release the button, once the red light blinks on your remote controller.
4. Once paired, the connected message will appear on your TV Screen.
Restart Kogan TV
In some situations, the remote will not be working if there is a black screen on Kogan TV. It is because of a technical issue that can be fixed by restarting your Kogan TV.
1. Turn off your Kogan TV by pressing the physical power button.
2. Remove the cord from the wall socket.
3. Wait for one to two minutes and keep your Kogan TV idle.
4. Then plug back the power cables to your TV and wall socket.
5. Now, turn on your Kogan TV and press any button on your remote.
Check now whether your Kogan TV is responding to the command or not.
Contact Kogan Support
If there is an issue with a new Kogan TV remote, you can contact Kogan Customer Care by calling, sending an email, or submitting a ticket on its website. Ask them for the availability of replacements or the possibility of ex-warranty repair. If the cost of the original Kogan TV remote is too expensive, you can use the best universal remote for Kogan TV from a smartphone.
Use the Google TV App
Since Kogan Smart TVs are running with Android OS, you can use the Google TV remote app as a substitute remote. You can use this app for controlling both Android TV and Google TV if you have paired your TV to the same WiFi network as your smartphone.
1. Install Google TV on your smartphone from the Play Store or App Store.
2. Open Google TV on your smartphone.
3. Tap TV Remote and select your Kogan TV from the available devices.
4. Enter the pairing code that appears on the TV screen.
5. After it gets connected, you can start using the remote interface.
To reset your Kogan TV remote, unpair your remote controller and then remove the batteries and wait for 30 seconds. Again insert the batteries and repair the remote to your TV.