How to Restart and Pair Apple TV Remote
- Restart Apple TV Remote: Press and hold down the TV or Control Center or Volume Down buttons for 5 seconds → Status light turns Off & On → Release buttons → Connection Lost notification → Remote Restarts → Connected notification.
- Pair the Remote: Point your remote to the TV → Press & hold down the Back and Volume Up buttons → Wait until it pairs.
Sometimes your Apple TV remote may constantly throw some errors and not allow you to control your TV. It is due to reasons like hardware failure or discharged batteries. If the Apple TV Remote is not working, you need to restart it immediately to resolve the issue. Restarting your Apple TV remote will not terminate the session and won’t delete the pairing history. It is a straightforward method to fix the minor issue that prevails on your Apple TV remote.
Why is Apple TV Remote Not Working
If your Apple TV remote fails to respond to any commands, it may have any of the reasons.
|1||If the Apple TV remote does not have an adequate charge|
|2||Because of obstructions between Apple TV and the remote|
|3||Due to technical issues, the remote may fail to work|
|4||If the remote gets unpaired from Apple TV due to some reasons|
How to Restart Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote
1. On your Siri remote or Apple TV remote, press and hold down the TV or Control Center and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
2. Keep hold of those buttons for 5-10 seconds until you see the status light on your Apple TV turn off and on.
2. Once the light on your Apple TV is turned on, release those buttons and wait for about five to ten seconds. A Connection Lost notification will appear on your Apple TV.
3. After that, your remote will restart automatically.
4. If the Connected notification appears on the screen, you can start using your remote to control your TV.
How to Pair Your Apple TV Remote
Once you reset your Apple TV Remote, you should re-pair it to control and access your TV.
1. Place your Apple TV remote controller in front of your Apple TV. Keep in mind that your remote is about three inches from your Apple TV.
2. Press the Menu or Back and Volume Up buttons and keep hold for at least five seconds.
3. Keep your remote controller on the top of your Apple TV until the pairing process is completed.
How to Restart Apple TV With Remote
If you think that the issue is with your Apple TV not with the remote, it is recommended to restart Apple TV.
Using Apple Remote (Aluminium or White)
- Press the Menu and Down buttons and keep hold for a few seconds.
- Release these buttons when the light begins to flash on your Apple TV.
With Siri Remote (1st Generation)
- Press the Menu and TV/Control Center buttons and keep hold for some time.
- Release both buttons if the light on your Apple TV starts flashing.
Using Siri Remote (2nd Generation or later)
- Press the Back and TV/Control Center buttons and keep hold of them.
- Release these buttons when the light on your Apple TV begins to flash.
Why Can’t I Pair my Apple TV Remote
If you can’t pair your Apple TV Remote or Siri Remote to your Apple TV, the following might be the reason for the issue.
- Outdated version of tvOS of your Apple TV
- Technical glitches, errors, and bugs on your TV
- Weak or drained batteries
- Physical damage on the remote
You can resolve these issues easily with the basic troubleshooting methods given below.
- Update your Apple TV with the latest version of tvOS
- Reset your Apple TV to fix the glitches.
- Hard reset the Apple TV Remote
- Charge your Apple TV remote
- Replace the new set of batteries
- Replace your Apple TV remote controller.
You can use the best remote app for Apple TV to restart your device from a smartphone without a physical remote.