How to Program LG Universal Remote to Control LG Smart TV
- To Program an LG Universal remote manually: Turn on your LG TV → Press and hold the Setup button →Enter the remote code→ Press and hold the Power button.
- Without the Codes: Turn on your LG TV → Hold the device button → press the CH+ and CH- buttons simultaneously → Select the Turn-Off option → Turn on the TV → Press the Device button to Save the code.
- With Code Seach Method: Turn on your LG TV → Press the Setup button → Enter 9-9-1 → Press the Power and Channel Up buttons simultaneously → Press the Power button.
If your LG TV’s original remote is not working, is damaged, or is lost, you can use the universal remote as an alternative to control your LG TV. It is a perfect choice as it controls more than one device simultaneously. However, you cannot directly use the universal remote for your TV. You need to program your LG Universal remote with the correct code to control the TV without issues. It is a useful way if you don’t want to rely on LG smart TV remote app.
How to Program LG Universal Remote
There are three methods to pair LG universal remote, and they are as follows.
- Without codes
- Code search methods
How to Program LG Universal Remote Via Manual Method
 First, turn on your LG TV without a remote or with a remote and press the TV or Setup button on your universal remote.
 You will see the Light flash. It means that your universal remote is in Learning Mode.
 Enter the remote code. When you enter the code, the LED light will stop blinking.
 To check the performance, press the Home button and release it when the screen turns off.
 If it works, the TV is working fine with the universal remote.
 If it does not work, repeat the same steps with the different remote code until the remote is working on your LG TV.
How to Program LG Universal Remote Without Codes
In this method, you don’t need to enter the code manually. The remote itself will pick the right remote code based on your LG TV model.
 Turn on your LG TV and press the Device button for a few seconds until the LED light flashes.
 Then, press the CH+ & CH- buttons.
 Followed to that, press the UP or Down button until your TV powers off completely.
 To verify the code, press the Power button. For some remotes, you need to press the 9-9-1 keys to verify the code.
 Now, press the Device button to save the code.
 You will see that the remote will blink the light twice, stating that the paring is completed.
How to Program LG Universal Remote Via Code Search
 Switch on the TV by pressing the power button.
 Press and hold the SETUP button until the LED indicator light starts blinking.
 Next, enter the code 9-9-1 and this will run a code search and find the appropriate remote code for your TV.
 Now, press and hold the Power Button and CHANNEL UP buttons until the TV gets turned off.
 If your TV is turned off, you have successfully programmed the LG universal remote.
LG Universal Remote Not Pairing: Ways to Fix
If the LG universal remote does not pair, try out the below-listed troubleshooting steps to fix it.
- First, check the remote batteries are working fine and inserted properly. If the batteries are weak, replace them with new batteries.
- Ensure no obstruction or object hides the line between the remote and the TV.
- Program or set up the remote again with the new codes.
Yes. You can use the Universal remote to control your LG smart TV.