How to Connect LG TV to WIFI Without Remote
- To Connect to WIFI – Go to LG TV Settings → Network → WIFI Connection → WIFI → Password → Connect.
- Using Mouse – To connect the LG TV to WIFI, LG TV users can plug a USB mouse controller into the TV port.
- Using Ethernet Cable – LG TV users can use an ethernet cable to connect the device to WIFI via a router.
- Via Smartify App – Download Smartify app → Launch it → Choose your LG TV → Enter PIN → Confirm remote access on TV → Connect LG TV to WIFI.
- Use a Replacement Remote – LG TV users can purchase a replacement remote to connect the TV to WIFI.
Internet access is mandatory to stream movies, TV shows, and the entire library of any service from the LG smart TV. Connecting to WIFI isn’t a big deal as long as you have the LG TV remote controller. However, when your LG Smart TV remote stops working, you might be worried and search for other ways to connect the device to the WIFI. There are some easy tricks to connect your LG TV to WIFI without using a remote.
How to Connect LG TV to WIFI Without Remote
There is more than one way to connect your LG TV to WIFI without relying on the remote controller. The methods are slightly similar to connecting Samsung TV to WIFI without a remote.
- Using Smartify App
- External USB Mouse
- Ethernet Cable
How to Connect LG TV to WIFI using the Smartify App
Smartify is a remote control app developed for LG televisions. This app is available on the Google Play Store and App Store for free download. It supports all LG Smart TVs with NetCast, released in 2012 or above. In addition, it is also compatible with WebOS-based LG Smart TVs released in 2014 or higher.
1. Initially, connect your LG Smart TV to the same WIFI network as your smartphone.
2. Download the Smartify app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
- iOS – Visit the App Store.
- Android – Go to the Google Play Store.
3. Open the Smartify app.
4. Select your LG Smart TV from the devices list.
5. Enter the PIN code that appears on the TV screen.
6. Confirm the remote access that prompts on your TV.
7. Once connected, use the remote interface to connect your LG to WIFI.
- Go to Settings → Network → WIFI Connection → WIFI → Password → Connect.
FYI: You can even turn on LG TV without a remote when your remote controller is damaged or you misplaced it somewhere.
How to Connect LG TV to WIFI using a USB Mouse
As LG TV is compatible with a wireless mouse, you can buy a compatible USB mouse to control the TV. Firstly, plug the USB adaptor into the TV’s port. Then press the tiny button located underneath the LG logo. Further, select the appropriate input for connecting the mouse. Once done, follow these steps to connect the device to WIFI.
1. Go to LG TV Settings with the help of a mouse cursor.
2. Then, click on Network → Wi-Fi Connection.
3. Select your WIFI from the list of available networks.
4. Finally, enter the password and click on Connect.
You have successfully connected your LG TV to WIFI using a USB mouse.
How to Connect LG Smart TV to WIFI using an Ethernet Cable
Alternatively, you can let LG Smart TV access the internet by connecting it with a LAN connection. So, you must purchase a high-quality LAN cable to get good internet speed from your WIFI. DbillionDa Cat 8 Ethernet Cable is the best compared to other brands. You can buy this cable for $7.99. For internet access, connect one end of the cable to an LG Smart TV and the other to a WIFI router.
Buy an LG Replacement Remote
If your remote is damaged, consider buying an affordable replacement remote for your LG TV. If you are looking for an LG TV Universal remote, you can purchase it online. The users will get a 90-day service warranty for the remote in case of any issues. Make sure to check the remote compatibility before you purchase any universal remote.
Frequently Asked Questions
You have to set up a universal remote first to control your LG Smart TV. From the remote, press the Home key. Then click the Input icon and select All Inputs. Next, click on Set up Universal Remote. Follow the on-screen instructions to pair the remote. Later, connect your LG TV to WIFI using the remote controls.
From your laptop/PC, log in to your router website by entering the username and password. Head to the LAN/WAN settings and view the list of connected devices. Note down the IP address of your LG Smart TV from there.