4 Ways to Change Input on RCA TV Without Remote
- Via TV Panel Key: Press the Input/source button on the RCA TV to change the input without a remote.
- Setting a Timer: You can also turn on a timer and switch to the first channel to change the input on RCA TV.
- Change Input on RCA TV Manually: Press the Menu button on the TV → Choose Label → Select Input 1 or 2 → Go to the channel to set as input → Press the CH+/- and P+/- buttons together at a time → The respective channel is selected as input.
- Purchase a universal remote to control your RCA TV and change the input.
RCA is an American television brand that manufactures smart televisions, UHD TVs, DVD players, etc. It offers both webOS and Roku-based smart televisions at a reasonable cost. Even if the RCA TV remote is not working, you can easily install remote apps to control your smart TV. With this, you can change the input on RCA TV without using a remote.
Change Input on RCA TV via TV Panel Key
You can press the physical buttons on RCA TV to change input, adjust the TV volume, change TV channels, or turn it on/off.
- In basic, these buttons are located on the right or left side edges.
- If not, the physical buttons will be located below the indicator light.
Once you have identified the input/source button, press on it, and you will get multiple options on the TV screen. Select the appropriate input that you want to change.
Note: Is your Panasonic TV remote not working? You shall Change the Input on Panasonic TV Without a Remote.
Change Input on RCA TV by Setting a Timer
The timer is a less-known feature to change the input on RCA TV. Follow these steps to change the input on RCA TV by setting a timer.
1. If you set the timer for 3 minutes and turn OFF the TV, it will turn ON after 3 minutes.
📌It is possible only when the TV is connected to the source.
2. Set the timer ON for 1 minute and then switch to the first channel of the input.
💡 Instead of using a remote, press the physical buttons on the TV to set the timer.
3. Turn off the RCA TV by pressing the TV power button.
4. After a minute, the TV will turn on automatically as per the timer.
5. Also, you can notice that the input will be switched.
Change Input on RCA TV Manually
1. Press the Menu button on the RCA TV panel.
2. Then select the Label option from the list.
3. Further, set the Input 1 or 2 by selecting the channel of your choice.
💡 For instance, you can set Input 1 to channel 43.
4. To change the input source, press the CH+/- and P+/- buttons simultaneously.
5. It will automatically change the input source to channel 43.
How to Change Input on Old RCA TV Without Remote?
Few old RCA TVs support changing the input using the TV panel. If your TV has no Menu or Input button, you shall change the channels to change the input. A few of the TVs include a scan button, and on pressing it will find and connect to the input device.
Bonus: Buy a Universal Remote
If you are only comfortable with your remote, there is no need to worry. You can buy a new universal remote for RCA TV. It is available on e-commerce websites like Amazon and Walmart. So, it is easy to control your RCA TV as you did before. Just press the button that is labeled as TV/VCR or Input to view the input sources. Then use the arrow keys to highlight the input and click on the OK button.
Note: It is important to know the RCA TV Universal Remote Codes if you have purchased a universal remote to control the TV.
How to Change Input on RCA TV With Remote
1. Press the Power button on the remote to turn on RCA TV.
2. Press the Cable button to switch the input to the cable box/satellite receiver.
3. If you want to switch the input to a DVD player, click the Video 1 button.
4. To change to VCR input, press the Video 2 button.
Frequently Asked Questions
First of all, remove the power cable of the RCA TV and keep it unplugged for 60 seconds. Then locate the physical power button at the backside of your RCA TV. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to reset. After 60 seconds, plug the power cable back into the RCA TV and turn it on.
Install the Roku app on your Android or iOS smartphone. Connect your RCA Roku TV to the same WIFI network as your smartphone. Open the Roku app and sign in to your Roku account. Then click on Devices at the bottom. Select your RCA Roku TV from the list of devices. Click the Remote button to view the remote control. Finally, click the Input button and select the input you want to switch on RCA Roku TV.