Grundig TV Remote Not Working: Causes and DIY Fixes
Many Grundig TV users encounter remote functionality issues so you are not alone. Discharged batteries, stuck buttons, and signal blockage are the common reasons for the Grundig TV remote not working. Besides that, the TV might be unresponsive to the remote’s functions if it has a technical malfunction. These errors can be sorted easily with troubleshooting methods. Other than troubleshooting, you can try using the Grundig TV remote app if you find that the remote is defective.
Why is Grundig TV Remote Not Working
The following are the key reasons for the Grundig TV remote to become dysfunctional.
|1||If any object between the TV and the remote blocks the infrared signal|
|2||If you aren’t cleaning the remote, dust might accumulate inside the hardware|
|3||When any of the remote buttons are stuck due to excessive dirt|
|4||The remote won’t work if the batteries are running out of charge|
|5||When your Grundig TV is not updated or facing any temporary glitches|
|6||If the IR emitter on the remote is faulty, it won’t send signals to the TV|
DIY Fixes for Grundig TV Remote Not Working
Here are the useful workarounds through which you can fix the Grundig TV remote not working issue.
Clear the Obstructions
If any object is placed in between the TV and the remote, it won’t send any signals to the TV. Clear such things if anything is placed in front of the TV sensor. This helps the signal from the remote to reach the TV without any trouble. Also, relocate IR signal receivers if you have placed any closer to your TV. Later, try using your remote to check whether it is working fine.
Clean the Remote
It is necessary to clean the remote at least once a week to prevent the remote from getting smudged. If any liquid spills on your Grundig remote, it is better to clean it immediately using 99% Isopropyl Alcohol and microfiber cloth.
1. Remove the batteries from the remote.
2. Dip the microfiber cloth in the cleaning solution and wipe it gently on the remote control.
3. Dry it with a cotton cloth and put the batteries in.
Use a remote cover to prevent dust from accumulating in the remote keys and battery terminals.
Release Stuck Buttons
Sometimes the remote buttons won’t work even after clicking them multiple times. This is because the remote buttons get jammed due to an accidental fall. It also happens due to the penetration of dust inside the remote. Use a toothpick to remove those particles easily, or pat your remote slowly to get rid of them. After removing it, use your remote to access your Grundig TV.
Replace Remote Batteries
Most of us forget to change the remote batteries and assume that the problem is with the remote control. If you have used the batteries for a long period, change them with the new set of batteries. Once changed, you can access your Grundig TV with it. When it doesn’t work, then the issue is with your TV and not with the remote batteries.
IR Emitter Test
The Grundig TV remote won’t work if the IR emitter on it gets damaged. You can check its working status with the help of your smartphone camera in simple steps.
1. Open the Camera app on your smartphone.
2. Point the IR emitter of the remote towards the camera.
3. Press any buttons on the remote.
4. If you see any light blinking through the camera screen, the IR Emitter is not damaged.
If you can’t see any flashlight, you can conclude that the IR emitter is defective.
Note: If you don’t wish to buy a replacement remote, you can use the universal remote app to control the Grundig TV.
Soft Reset Grundig TV
If your Grundig TV has any software malfunction, it will not respond to the remote. You can fix these issues by soft resetting the Grundig TV. It is a simple process and you won’t lose any data even though you soft reset the Grundig TV.
1. Turn off the Grundig TV and unplug the TV cord from the power socket.
2. Press and hold the Power button on your TV for 10-15 seconds.
3. Release the Power button and wait for at least 2 minutes.
4. Now, plug the TV cord into the power source, and it will turn on automatically. If not, turn it on manually.
Check if the issues are fixed and test whether the remote is responsive. If not, you have to factory reset your Grundig TV.
Use Grundig TV Remote App
Using the remote app is one of the easiest ways to control the Grundig TV without a remote. Since Grundig TV has an official remote app, you can install and use it for free on your Android device.
1. Open the Play Store or App Store on your smartphone.
2. Search for Grundig Smart Remote and select the app from the suggestions.
3. Hit Install/Get to download the app on your smartphone.
4. Connect Grundig TV and smartphone to the same WiFi network.
5. Launch the remote app and tap Add Device.
6. Choose your Grundig TV to connect and use it to control the TV virtually.
Note: If you don’t have an Internet connection, try using the IR Blaster remote app from an Android smartphone.
Update Grundig TV Firmware
Not updating the firmware will cause many issues, including the remote not working problem. Therefore, you should update your Grundig TV to solve all the temporal errors. Since the remote is not in working condition, you can update the TV using the official Grundig TV remote app or third-party universal remote apps available in the Play Store. After updating the firmware, check if the remote works without any issues.
Restart Grundig TV
Normally, updating the TV firmware will automatically restart the Grundig TV. If it doesn’t restart, no worries. You can manually restart the Grundig TV without a remote.
1. Press and hold the Power button on the Grundig TV until it is turned off.
2. Once done, unplug the TV cord from the wall socket.
3. After 3 minutes, plug the TV cord back in.
4. Press the Power button on the TV for 10 seconds to restart.
After restarting, point the remote to the TV and check whether the remote functions are working without any problems.
Note: If the Xfinity remote stops working while controlling the Xfinity-connected Grundig TV, you can either restart or reset the Xfinity box to make it work.
Hard Reset Grundig TV
If none of the methods fix the remote not working issue, you can finally reset Grundig TV to its initial settings. If you have Grundig Android TV, try these instructions to perform a hard reset.
1. Press the Power button to turn on the TV.
2. Navigate to Settings from the home screen.
3. Scroll down and select Storage&reset.
4. Tap the Factory data reset twice to confirm the process.
5. Finally, hit Erase everything to complete the process.
If you have a Grundig Non-Smart TV, you can follow these steps to factory reset it.
1. Tap the Power button on the universal remote or remote app.
2. Press the Menu button once the TV is turned on.
3. Select the Settings option on the home screen by using the Arrow and OK buttons.
4. Choose TV and tap the OK button to select it.
5. Select About > Restore Factory Defaults by clicking the OK button.
6. Choose Yes in the next pop-up and tap the OK button to begin the reset.
Contact Grundig Support
When all the methods fail to fix the remote issue, you should contact Grundig TV Customer Support. Visit the support website of Grundig and click on Product Support to find relevant troubleshooting methods. Otherwise, you can call them directly and explain the issue to a support agent. They will guide you with proper instructions to clear the remote issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check if there is any object causing the signal blockage, or it may be due to weak batteries. Clear the path between your TV and the remote. Also, replace the remote batteries if they are old.
Yes. There are several universal remotes available on Amazon that you can use as an alternative to control the Grundig TV.