Best Remote Apps For Netflix
Commonly we use smartphones to make calls, send messages or emails, play games, shop for products, etc. Many use smartphones to stream movies and TV shows on Netflix, Disney Plus, Amazon Prime, and more. But, there are also options to use the smartphone as a remote. Some remote apps would require IR blasters, and others by connecting to a stable WiFi network. So, if you are streaming content from Netflix on any smart TV, we can choose any remote apps that would work for us.
Top Remote Apps For Netflix
Here are the remote apps to control the Netflix app from a computer or TV.
- Universal TV Remote by Twinone
- Chill Remote
- Remote for Netflix!
- Unified Remote
- Evolly Universal Remote
- SURE Universal Smart TV Remote
Universal TV Remote by Twinone
Twinone TV Remote is one of the best remote apps for Netflix. It is available on the Google Play Store for free download. It is also used as a universal remote for the TV and set-top box if your smartphone has an IR blaster. Make sure to connect your smartphone and the TV to the same WiFi network to get started.
- It supports brands like Samsung TV, Sony TV, LG, and Sharp.
- Easy-to-use user interface.
- Ideal for controlling multiple TVs at a time.
- Too many ads as it is available for free.
- No premium plans to disable the ads.
Chill Remote is best for controlling Netflix from your iPhone or iPad. This remote app works with all major streaming services when you access them via Google Chrome. It can control Amazon Prime, Hulu, YouTube, Vimeo, iPlayer, Twitch, ITV, Britbox, and Disney Plus. The Chill Remote app is available on App Store.
- The remote control works when you watch on a computer or Google Chrome.
- Built-in commands include play, pause, seeking, volume, full screen, etc.
- It has the option to check unclear dialogues.
- Requires Chill Subscription to access complete features.
- Not available for Android.
Remote for Netflix!
The Remote for Netflix app is free to download from the App Store. You can easily switch to your favorite Netflix content while watching it on Chrome. It is compatible with Windows, Mac, or Chromebook that has the latest version of Google Chrome.
- Easy to browse content by genre.
- Complete control of Netflix library.
- It works even if you have connected with a projector.
- Needs a monthly subscription.
Unified Remote is a universal remote control app on Google Play and App Store. You can control Windows, Mac, and Linux devices while streaming Netflix if you have a valid WiFi or Bluetooth connection. It has a floating remote widget, and you can move it anywhere on the screen.
- It supports voice commands.
- Includes light and dark themes.
- Customize remotes based on your choice.
- Sometimes you may have server lagging issues.
Evolly Universal Remote
TV Remote – Universal Control lets you control Netflix installed on your TV. It has a full keyboard layout to easily type and search for a title. This app also supports voice search with a large touchpad for easy navigation. Unfortunately, it works only if you connect your device to the same WiFi network as your TV.
- Suitable for Samsung, Sony, Roku, LG, Fire TV, Hisense TV, TCL, and Vizio TVs.
- Instant access to Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, Disney Plus, Sling TV, etc.
- Available on Google Play and App Store.
- Requires premium subscription to get rid of ads.
Sure Universal Smart TV Remote
It is a multipurpose universal remote for controlling televisions and smart appliances like smart lights, air conditioners, etc. This app has built-in SURE voice control for voice commands. Using this app, your smartphone can work as a remote controller without WiFi if the smartphone has an IR blaster by default.
- Supports TV brands such as Samsung, LG, Roku, Sony, Philips, Hisense, and Sharp TV.
- It allows casting to smart devices.
- All-in-one remote app for all smart devices.
- Requires stability improvements.
Unfortunately, there is no official remote control app for Netflix. However, you can use the above-listed third-party apps to control Netflix or other streaming services.
First of all, download the Netflix content on your mobile or PC. Next, connect your device to your smart TV through an HDMI cable and watch the downloaded content on a TV without the internet.