How to Control RCA TV Using a Remote App
- Google TV: Launch the Google TV app → Click TV Remote → Choose RCA Android TV → Enter the code → Tap Pair → Use the remote control.
- The Roku App: Open The Roku App → Tap Devices → Select RCA Roku TV → Click the Remote icon → Start using the remote control.
- RCA Universal Remote: Launch the RCA Universal Remote app → Select TV → Choose RCA → Test the remote → Tap Working → Access the remote control.
- Remote for RCA TV: Open the Remote for RCA TV app → Select the remote → Use the remote control.
RCA TVs are becoming more popular as they offer exciting features at a low price. It has a variety of models in Smart TVs, such as RCA RokuOS TV, RCA Android TVOS, and RCA webOS TV. If you have a strong WIFI network, you can enjoy streaming your favorite TV shows, movies, live sports, and more. If your remote isn’t working or looking for an alternative option, you shall use the RCA TV remote app to control your TV.
How to Control RCA TV Without a Remote
It is possible to control RCA TV without the physical remote controller or from your smartphone by the following methods.
- Google TV
- The Roku App
- Third-Party Remote App
Use the Google TV App to Control RCA Android TV (Android/iOS)
The best way to control RCA Android TV is by using the Google TV app from your smartphone.
1. Download and install the Google TV app from the Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS).
2. Connect the RCA Android TV and your Android/iOS smartphone to the same WIFI network.
3. Open the Google TV app on your smartphone.
4. Sign in to your Google account with the necessary credentials.
5. Tap the TV Remote icon at the bottom right.
6. Select your RCA Android TV.
7. Enter the code displayed on the TV screen.
8. Click on Pair.
9. Start controlling the RCA Android TV using this app.
FYI: If you decide to use the universal remote instead of the remote app, you should learn the steps to Program an RCA Universal Remote to control the TV features to the fullest.
Use The Roku App to Control RCA Roku TV (Android/iOS)
Follow these guidelines to control RCA Roku TV using The Roku App from Android or iOS devices.
1. Install the Roku app on your smartphone from the Play Store or App Store.
2. Make sure that RCA Roku TV and your smartphone are connected to the same WIFI network.
3. Launch The Roku App on your Android or iOS smartphone.
4. Sign in to your Roku account if prompted.
5. Tap Devices at the bottom menu.
6. Select your RCA Roku TV from the available devices.
7. Then click the Remote icon.
8. It will switch to the remote interface to control RCA Roku TV.
Use a Third-Party App to Control RCA TV (Android)
There is no official RCA remote control app available. However, some third-party apps work well with all RCA TV models. These apps are recommended for those who don’t have a WIFI network.
- RCA Universal Remote
- Remote for RCA TV
Guide to Use RCA Universal Remote (Android)
1. Run Play Store on your Android mobile.
2. Search for RCA Universal Remote.
3. Select RCA Universal Remote from the search results.
4. Begin the installation by clicking on the Install button.
5. Open the RCA Universal Remote app.
6. Select TV from the list of devices.
7. Further, click on RCA to choose the TV brand.
8. Test the remote control by pressing the Power button.
Tip: Click on Not Working and try with another remote if it doesn’t work.
9. Tap Working and start using the remote control.
Note: Your smartphone should run with Android 4.4 and above and have an IR blaster to use this app.
Guide to Use Remote for RCA TV
1. Go to the Play Store on your Android mobile.
2. Enter Remote for RCA TV in the search bar and locate the app.
3. Click on Remote for RCA TV to go to the download page.
4. Tap Install to install the Remote for RCA TV app.
5. Launch the Remote for RCA TV app on your phone.
6. Select Remote from the options list.
7. You are ready to access the remote control.
Note: Remote for RCA TV is compatible with Android 5.0 or up smartphones with a built-in IR blaster.
Frequently Asked Questions
Google TV is the best universal remote app for RCA Android TV. If you have RCA Roku TV, you should install and use The Roku App as a virtual remote. These apps will work only if both devices are connected to the same WIFI network.