10 Best Universal Remote Controllers for Xbox One
If you use Xbox One only for streaming purposes, you can buy a universal remote. Sofabaton and Logitech are the best universal remote brands capable of controlling multiple devices simultaneously. Although these remotes are expensive, it is definitely worth the price. However, there are many other options to consider with distinct features. While we have listed the best Bose Universal Remotes, the article discusses the best remotes for Xbox One with their features and price.
Top 10 Best Universal Remote for Xbox One
The following are the best universal remote control for the Xbox One gaming consoles.
Sofabaton X1 is a universal remote that supports 500,000 entertainment and other smart devices. You can easily connect this remote to your Xbox One using IR, Bluetooth, and WIFI. The remote can even control TV, DVD/Blu-ray player, satellite or cable box, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, etc. In addition, you can use the Sofabaton hub to control devices in the closed cabinets and doors. You can create an activity, “Play Xbox” to easily access your favorite games in one touch.
- Create an activity to access Xbox with ease
- It includes backlit buttons
- Easy to locate a remote if lost
- Supports voice commands
- The setup process is tedious
- LCD display with no touchscreen
- You will see fingerprint marks on the display
Logitech Harmony Elite
Logitech Harmony Elite is the most popular universal remote for controlling Xbox One. It can control up to 15 smart home and entertainment devices. This remote is highly preferred as it features a touchscreen display. Furthermore, it supports voice commands from Alexa and Google Home. If necessary, install the Harmony app on your iOS or Android and use the remote control from your device. Harmony Hub helps you to control devices that are inside the closed cabinets.
- LCD display with touchscreen
- Create an activity to watch anything on Xbox
- Supports Siri, Google Assistant, and Alexa
- Compatible with the Harmony Hub app
- Climate Pledge Friendly
- Slightly expensive
- It will take more time to complete the initial setup
Note: Check out the Best Remote controller for YouTube TV, along with the best remote apps for YouTube TV.
Sofabaton U1 remote can able to control 15 devices at once. It can control TV, set-top box, Xbox, home theatre system, Apple TV, TiVo, and more. You can program this remote Infrared Matching Mode, Infrared Learning Mode, or Bluetooth Mode. The remote can control over 500,000 devices from 5000 brands. It also features an OLED display and scroll wheel to navigate to the device you want to control.
- The macro punch key helps to execute multiple functions on Infrared devices
- Compatible with all Xbox models
- Can control 15 devices using a single remote
- Operate this remote from a distance of 30 feet
- Wireless and WIFI devices are not supported
- No Alexa and Google Assistant for voice commands
- Find lost remote feature is missing
PDP Gaming Remote
PDP Gaming Remote is officially certified by Microsoft as the best remote for Xbox One. You can use this remote to control Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One. The remote has volume control buttons, directional keys, mute, play/pause, channel, and forward/rewind buttons. In addition, the motion-activated backlit feature helps the users to press the buttons in a dark room.
- Dedicated remote for Xbox gaming consoles
- Lightweight design and handy
- Instant access to Xbox by clicking the Xbox button
- Backlit supported buttons
- Fingerprint smudges on the remote
- Standard IR remote and won’t work with WIFI
- Not suitable for other smart home and entertainment devices
8Bitdo Media Remote
8Bitdo Media Remote is also a Microsoft-licensed remote for Xbox. This remote is compatible with devices like Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One. You can wake the Xbox device with a single click by pressing the Home button. If you are playing games in a dark room, the motion-activated backlit buttons on the remote will help with easy navigation. Since it is an IR-based remote, you should aim the Xbox sensor in a direct line of sight.
- Budget-friendly remote
- No WIFI connection is required
- Easy to open the battery compartment
- No need to program the remote
- Motion-activated backlit buttons
- Only suitable for Xbox devices
- Built quality could have been better
Note: There are smart TV remotes with a dedicated app button, and thus, you can have a look at the Best Remote Apps for Netflix.
Logitech Harmony Hub
Logitech Harmony hub is an Alexa-supported device to control Xbox using the smartphone app. This hub is integrated with the Harmony app, so you can combine 8 remotes simultaneously. With this remote app, you can control over 270,000 devices, including smart home appliances like Philips Hue lights. It also allows the user to create customized activities to access any application with a single click. Additionally, Harmony Hub is used for controlling devices in closed doors and cabinets.
- Customize or add up to 50 channels as favorites
- Climate Pledge Friendly
- It can be bought at an affordable cost
- Controls both smart home and entertainment devices
- Supports Siri, Google Assistant, and Alexa
- There is no physical remote
- You should install the Harmony app on your smartphone
Nyko Media Remote
Nyko is an ideal remote control for Xbox One. This remote has dedicated buttons for Play, Pause, Fast Forward, Volume, Channels, Stop, Mute, Home, etc. You should purchase 2 AA batteries separately to use this remote. It works with the help of an IR beam, so you need to operate the remote in a direct line of sight to the sensor.
- Lightweight remote under this pricing
- No need to pair the remote
- Dedicated buttons for channels, volume, and power
- No additional setup required
- Only supported for Xbox One
- Cannot control smart home devices
- You should buy remote batteries additionally
VINABTY IR Remote Replacement
VINABTY is a simple IR-based replacement remote for Xbox One and Xbox One S. You can operate this remote to control Xbox from a range of 10 meters. Notably, there is no need to program the remote. However, you need to purchase alkaline batteries additionally to use the remote. The remote has dedicated buttons for volume, channels, playback controls, and more.
- Infrared-based remote and no WIFI required
- Ideal for Xbox One and Xbox One S
- The remote is very cheap
- No LCD display
- Need to buy alkaline batteries for the remote
YoK Media Remote
YoK is a multipurpose remote that comes with a dedicated QWERTY keyboard. You can use the backside of the Yok Media Remote to search a term and the front side for media playback controls. Simply plug the USB adapter of the remote into the Xbox-connected device’s port to start using it. Moreover, this remote comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Also compatible with Wii and Wii U gaming consoles
- QWERTY keyboard for easy typing and chatting
- It includes a pair of Toshiba super heavy-duty batteries
- Backlit keyboard buttons
- Not suitable for smart home devices
- Controls only one device at a time
- No voice commands
Note: You shall effortlessly change Input Source on LG TV without a Remote.
Tiebutie Universal Media Remote
Tiebutie universal remote works well for Xbox One, Xbox One S, and Xbox One X. It has dedicated buttons to adjust the volume, mute, forward, rewind, play/pause, and stop. Since the remote works with an Infrared beam., there is no additional setup required. Moreover, you can also pair this remote to a TV or soundbars.
- Stylish remote with volume buttons on the edges
- Compatible with IR-enabled TVs, receivers, soundbars, Blu-ray players, etc
- 6 months limited warranty
- Buy 2 AAA alkaline batteries separately
- No voice control feature
Frequently Asked Questions
Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 is the best controller for Xbox One. You can buy this controller online at the Xbox Store.
You can use the TV remote to control your Xbox One. Make sure to enable the HDMI-CEC feature on your TV.