How to Install and Use the Harmony Remote App
- How to Install: Open Play Store or App Store → Search for Harmony → Click the app icon → Click Get or Install.
- How to Use: Launch the Harmony app → Tap Set Up New Hub → Follow the on-screen prompts → Click on Menu → Harmony Setup → Add/Edit Devices & Activities → Devices → Add Device → Click Scan for WIFI Devices → Follow the on-screen instructions to use.
Logitech Harmony is the world’s most valuable universal remote control. You can control TVs, DVD or Blu-Ray players, gaming consoles, set-top boxes, and more using this remote. Moreover, they have also introduced a dedicated mobile app called Harmony app to control multiple devices simultaneously.
Key Features of the Harmony Remote App
- Use it as a remote for home automation products and entertainment devices.
- Create multiple activities to launch your favorites with a single click.
- Allows you to turn on devices by setting up a custom schedule.
- Adjust device volume, change TV channels, and more using gesture controls.
- Supports over 270,000 devices of top brands.
How to Install the Harmony App (Android/iOS)
The Harmony app is available for both Android and iOS devices. Here’s how to install the app.
#1. Go to the App Store or Play Store on your smartphone.
#2. Search for Harmony by entering the term in the search field.
#3. Click on its icon to go to the download page.
#4. Finally, tap Get or Install to begin the installation.
#5. Once the installation is complete, click Open to launch the app.
How to Use the Harmony App (Android/iOS)
Here are the guidelines to login into the Logitech Harmony app and how to add a device.
#1. Connect your device and your smartphone to the same WIFI network.
#2. Launch the Harmony app.
#3. Click on Set Up New Hub.
#4. The app will detect your device if it meets the following requirements.
- Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your device.
- The Harmony Hub must be turned on.
#5. If it doesn’t detect, you can add the device manually.
#6. Press the Menu option.
#7. Tap Harmony Setup.
#8. Click on Add/Edit Devices & Activities, then choose Devices.
#9. Further, choose Add Device.
#10. Next, tap Scan for WIFI Devices.
#11. It will scan and detects the device.
#12. Later, follow the on-screen instructions to start using the app.
The Harmony app lets you control multiple devices and works on the following platforms.
- Android (requires Android 8.0 and above)
- Mac (requires macOS 11.0 or up)
- iPhone (requires iOS 12.0 or later)
- iPad (requires iPadOS 12.0 or higher)
- iPod touch (requires iOS 12.0 or above)
Note: As an alternative, Samsung users can try the IR-based Samsung remote apps to control their TV if the Harmony app doesn’t work.
The Harmony app will work for the following remote.
- Harmony Pro
- Harmony Elite
- Harmony Companion
- Harmony Hub
- Harmony Ultimate Home
- Harmony Home Control
- Harmony Home Hub
- Harmony Ultimate
- Harmony Smart Control
- Harmony Smart Keyboard
- Harmony Ultimate Hub
Frequently Asked Questions
You can control Apple TV using the Harmony remote if the Apple TV remote is not working. For this to work, you need to connect your Harmony remote and the Apple TV to the same WIFI network, and Bluetooth must be turned on.