How to Install and Use the Vizio Soundbar Remote App
- Install VIZIO Mobile to Control Vizio Soundbar: Open Play Store or App Store → Search for VIZIO Mobile → Choose VIZIO Mobile → Click Get or Install to download the remote app.
- How to Use VIZIO Mobile: Launch VIZIO Mobile → Log in to your Vizio account → If not, Sign in as a Guest → Select a Device → Click Allow → Get Started → Choose Vizio Sound Bar → Use it as a remote control.
If the Vizio Soundbar remote is not working, you can use the remote app to control it from a smartphone. VIZIO Mobile is an official application to control Vizio TV and Soundbar without a remote. For this app to work, connect the Vizio Soundbar to WiFi, the same as your smartphone. If you don’t have an internet connection, you can use a third-party remote app to control the Vizio Soundbar using your smartphone’s IR blaster.
In this article, you will learn about the installation and usage of the Vizio Soundbar remote app in easy steps.
How to Install the VIZIO Mobile App to Control Vizio Soundbar
The VIZIO Mobile app comes with separate buttons for controlling media playback and volume. So, you can easily control your Vizio Soundbar with this app just like you operate a physical remote. Before you begin, check if the Vizio Soundbar and phone are connected to the same WiFi network.
(1) Launch the Play Store or App Store on your Android or iPhone.
(2) Type VIZIO Mobile in the search bar and find the app.
(3) From the search results, click on VIZIO Mobile.
(4) It will take you to the download page.
(5) From the app description, tap Get or Install to begin the installation.
(6) Once the app gets installed, click Open to launch the app.
How to Control Vizio Soundbar Using the VIZIO Mobile App
In addition to the Vizio Soundbar, you can use the VIZIO Mobile as the Vizio TV remote app to control the TV virtually.
(1) Launch the VIZIO Mobile app on your Android or iPhone.
(2) If you have already setup the app, select the Vizio Soundbar name that appears at the top to pair with the VIZIO Mobile app. If not, follow the remaining steps.
Note: If you are a new user, click Create an Account and continue with the on-screen prompts. You can also tap Sign in as Guest if you don’t wish to create an account.
(3) After signing in, click the Select a Device option.
(4) Following that, click Allow to accept the app permissions and click Get Started.
(5) Choose your language and tap NEXT.
(6) It will start searching for nearby devices via Bluetooth.
(7) If it doesn’t detect your sound bar, click SKIP at the bottom left corner.
(8) Now, it will search all the nearby WIFI networks.
(9) It will detect your Vizio Sound Bar if connected to the same WIFI network.
(10) After selecting the Soundbar, follow the on-screen guidelines to confirm the connection.
Note: The app will ask you to press a particular button on the Soundbar to sync the device.
(11) Start using the app as a remote control for the Vizio soundbar.
Alternate Remote Apps to Control Vizio Soundbar
You can also control the Vizio Soundbar using third-party remote apps.
Vizio Soundbar Remote
Vizio Soundbar Remote is an IR blaster remote app. So, you can readily control the Vizio Soundbar without connecting it to the same WiFi network as your smartphone. This app is available on the Play Store for free download.
Universal Soundbar Remote Control
Universal Soundbar Remote Control is an application to control the soundbars of major brands. It works best with Vizio, Philips, Sony, Samsung, Bose, Panasonic, Toshiba, Haier, Pioneer, LG, TCL, JBL, JVC soundbars, and more. However, your smartphone requires an IR blaster to transmit IR signals to the Soundbar from a smartphone.
Vizio Soundbar Remote by Remotistic
If you are looking for an alternative to the above two apps, you can install the Vizio Soundbar Remote by Remotistic app from the Play Store. It is a dedicated remote application for Vizio Soundbars. This remote has numerous features, like personalizing the remote control interface, setting additional sounds/vibrations, and more.
How to Fix Vizio Soundbar Remote App Not Working
If the Vizio soundbar remote app is not working on your smartphone, follow these troubleshooting methods to fix the issue.
- Check whether the remote app you use and the soundbar are connected to the same WiFi connection.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app on your smartphone.
- Restart the soundbar remote app on your mobile.
- Update the soundbar remote app if it is outdated.
- Restart your smartphone to clear up minor bugs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You have to program the universal remote to the Vizio Soundbar with Vizio universal remote codes.
Yes. Using Bluetooth, you can connect a Vizio Soundbar to a TV without a remote.
Yes. VIZIO Mobile is the best remote app to control Vizio Soundbar from an iPhone.