How to Install and Use the Vizio Sound Bar Remote App
- How to Install: Open Play Store or App Store → Search for VIZIO Mobile → Choose VIZIO Mobile → Click Get or Install.
- How to Use: Launch Vizio Mobile → Log in to existing Vizio account → Else, Continue as a Guest → Tap Menu → Set Up New Device → Click Allow → Get Started → Choose Vizio Sound Bar → Use it as a remote control.
VIZIO Mobile (Vizio SmartCast) is an official application to control Vizio devices from an Android or iOS smartphone. It helps users to browse movies, TV shows, live TV, etc. Additionally, it can be used as a remote control for the Vizio Soundbar to adjust settings, play or pause the media files, and turn on/off the device. Follow the instructions below to control the Vizio Sound Bar using the remote app.
How to Install the VIZIO Mobile app (Android/iOS)
As the VIZIO Mobile app is natively available on the official store, it is easy to download and install.
(1) Launch the Play Store or App Store on your Android or iOS smartphone.
(2) Type VIZIO Mobile in the search bar and find the app.
(3) From the search results, click on VIZIO Mobile.
(4) It will take you to the download page.
(5) From the app description, tap Get or Install to begin the installation.
(6) Once the app gets installed, click Open to launch the app.
How to Use the VIZIO Mobile App (Android/iOS)
Before you begin, ensure that the smartphone and soundbar are connected to the same WIFI network. Then follow the below instructions.
(1) Launch the VIZIO Mobile app on you.
(2) Log in to your Vizio account.
Tip: If you are a new user, click Create an Account and continue with the on-screen prompts. You can also tap Continue as a Guest if you don’t wish to create an account.
(3) Next, click the Menu button in the upper left corner.
(4) After that, tap Set Up New Device.
(5) Following that, click Allow to accept the app permissions.
Tip: Watch a video displayed on the app screen to understand the process better.
(6) Then click Get Started.
(7) Choose your language and tap NEXT.
(8) It will start searching for nearby devices via Bluetooth.
(9) If it doesn’t detect your sound bar, click SKIP at the bottom left corner.
(10) Now, it will search all the nearby WIFI networks.
(11) It will detect your Vizio Sound Bar if connected to the same WIFI network.
(12) After selecting the Soundbar, follow the on-screen guidelines to confirm the connection.
Tip: The app will ask you to press a particular button on the soundbar to sync the device.
(13) Start using the app as a remote control for the Vizio soundbar.
Note: Likewise, you can use the Vizio TV remote app to control Vizio Smart TVs if the remote doesn’t work.
Alternate Ways to Control Vizio Sound Bar
You can also control the Vizio Sound Bar using third-party remote apps.
Vizio Sound Bar Remote
Vizio Sound bar Remote is an IR-based third-party remote app. This app is readily available on the Play Store for free download. But remember, it works only if your smartphone has a built-in IR blaster.
Universal SoundBar Remote Cont
Universal SoundBar Remote Cont is an application to control the soundbars of major brands. It works best with Vizio, Philips, Sony, Samsung, Bose, Panasonic, Toshiba, Haier, Pioneer, LG, TCL, JBL, JVC soundbars, and more. The only thing is your smartphone should have an IR blaster to transmit IR signals.
Check out the minimum requirements to install and use the Vizio soundbar remote app.
- VIZIO Mobile
- Android (requires 8.0 or up)
- iPhone (requires iOS 14.0 or above)
- iPod touch (requires iOS 14.0 or later)
- Vizio Sound bar Remote
- Android (requires Android 5.0 and up)
- Universal SoundBar Remote Cont
- Android (requires Android 4.4 and above)
Frequently Asked Questions
TV Remote Control for Vizio is an application to control Vizio Smart TV from an Android smartphone. It works with the help of Infrared signals, so there is no need to connect to a WIFI network. This app is available on the Play Store for free download.