How to Install and Use Virgin TV Remote Control App
- Using Virgin TV Control App: Launch Play Store/App Store → Search for Virgin TV Control → Select the app → Tap Install or Get → Tap Open → Sign In → Tap Menu → Choose Remote control → Connect → Start using the Virgin TV remote app.
- Using the TiVo App: Open Play Store/App Store → Search for TiVo → Select the TiVo app → Click Get/Install → Open TiVo → Sign in to your TiVo account → Click Menu → Tap Remote Control → Start using a virtual remote.
Want to control the TiVo and Virgin TV V6 box without a remote controller? Virgin TV Control is the app you should have. Therefore, users with those devices don’t need to depend on the original remote anymore. This Virgin TV Control remote app is available on the Play Store and App Store for free download. To use the app on your device, you need to sign up with a Virgin Media username and password.
Key Features of the Virgin TV Control App
- You can quickly search and get your favorite shows using the QWERTY keypad.
- You can manage and play recordings of TiVo and Virgin TV V6 boxes.
- By using the app to bookmark your favorite shows.
- With a programming guide, you can see what TV show is currently playing.
- You can easily adjust the volume, switch channels, and more.
- Use playback controls like forward, rewind, play, pause, etc.
How to Install Virgin TV Control App
1. Connect your smartphone to a strong WiFi network which should be the same as your TiVo or V6 box.
2. Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your smartphone.
3. On the search bar available on the top, type Virgin TV Control and search for it.
4. From the search results, select the appropriate Virgin TV Control app.
5. When the app description appears, click the Install or Get option to download the app on your device.
How to Use Virgin TV Control App
You can use the Virgin TV Control app to increase/decrease the set-top box volume if the Virgin v6 remote volume button is not working.
1. Launch the Virgin TV Control app on your device.
2. Use your Virgin Media account credentials to sign in to your account.
3. Tap the Menu button available on the top of the screen.
4. Choose Remote Control from the menu option.
5. On the pop-up window, hit the Connect option.
6. When the remote interface appears, you can start controlling the Virgin TV V6 box.
How to Install and Use the TiVo App
If you have TiVo Series 4, 5, and 6 DVRs, you can use the TiVo remote app to control it from an Android or iPhone.
1. Install the TiVo app on your smartphone from the Play Store or App Store.
2. Upon successful installation, open the TiVo application and agree to its terms & conditions.
3. Further, sign in with the necessary credentials.
4. On the app home screen, choose your Tivo DVR name to establish the connection.
5. Tap the Menu icon and choose the Remote Control option.
6. Now, you will get access to its virtual remote and control the DVR seamlessly.
Note: Other than the TiVo app, you can use universal remote apps to control any streaming device and set-top box.
You can install any compatible mobile app on your Virgin TV box to control your TV without its remote.
Yes. You can install the Virgin TV Control app on your smartphone and use it to control the Virgin 360 box.