How to Reset Foxtel Remote and Box to Factory Settings
- Reset Foxtel Remote: Eject the batteries → Press all the remote buttons → Insert the batteries.
- Soft Reset Foxtel Box: Press and hold the Reset button for 3 seconds → Click Begin Test.
- Hard Reset Foxtel Box: Press and hold the Reset button for 4 seconds → Click Factory data reset → Tap OK.
The Foxtel Voice Remote is used for controlling Foxtel streaming boxes like iQ3, iQ4, and iQ5 via voice commands or buttons. But at some point, you won’t be able to use the remote due to poor batteries, defective remote, or pairing issues. If Foxtel remote is not working and it shows red light, it is recommended to reset the Foxtel remote and the box to fix the issue.
How to Reset the Foxtel Remote
If the iQ3/iQ4/iQ5 streaming box is not responding to Foxtel remote, you can reset the remote to fix the issue.
1. Eject the 2 AA batteries from the Foxtel remote.
2. Press all the remote buttons one by one to drain the residual power left in the remote.
Tip: Make sure that you have pressed all the buttons at least 4-5 times.
3. After that, insert the batteries back into the remote’s battery compartment. You should check the remote’s battery level before inserting them into the remote.
That’s it. You have successfully reset the Foxtel remote.
Note: If the Cox remote is not pairing with Cox Contour Stream Player, you should reset Cox remote to factory settings.
How to Check the Battery Level of Foxtel Remote
1. Turn on the Foxtel streaming box manually or using the remote.
2. Once the home screen appears, click the Settings icon at the top right corner.
3. Click System Settings and tap Go to system settings at the right.
4. Choose Foxtel remote.
5. Click the Battery category to know the battery level in percentage.
- Unknown (0% charge)
- Low, must replace batteries (0-10% charge)
- Low (10-30% charge)
- Good (30-80% charge)
- Full (80-100% charge)
How to Soft Reset Foxtel Now Box
If the Foxtel Now box won’t turn on, you can soft reset the streaming box to troubleshoot the issue.
1. Locate the Reset button at the bottom of the Foxtel Now box.
2. Press the Reset button using a ballpoint pen and hold it for 3 seconds.
3. Click Begin Test which appears on the screen.
It will take at least 30-40 seconds to complete the soft reset.
How to Factory Reset Foxtel Now Box With Remote
If the Foxtel Now box has been frozen or becomes unresponsive, you should reset the Foxtel Now box to factory settings.
1. Find the Reset button at the underside of the streaming box.
2. Take a ballpoint pen to press the Reset button and keep hold for 4 seconds or more.
FYI: Keep in mind, resetting will delete all the installed applications and temporary settings of the box.
3. Release the Reset button if you see the Factory data reset option on the screen.
4. Click on Factory data reset and press the OK button.
The Foxtel Now box will restart now to finish the resetting procedure. Once completed, you can log in using your Foxtel Now credentials to access your account. Further, go to the Google Play Store to install any applications on your device.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is an indication that the batteries don’t have an adequate charge to work. You should replace the old batteries with newer ones to resolve the issue.