How to Reset Foxtel Remote and Box to Factory Settings
- Reset Foxtel Remote: Eject the batteries → Press all the remote buttons → Insert the batteries.
- Soft Reset Foxtel Now Box: Press the Reset button for 3 seconds → Click Begin Test.
- Hard Reset Foxtel Now Box: Press the Reset button for 4 seconds → Click Factory data reset → Tap OK.
My brother’s Foxtel remote was not working. He thought the remote may be unpaired, so the buttons were unresponsive. He tried to re-pair the remote to his Foxtel Now box, but it was not pairing. I checked the Foxtel Technical Support website to learn how to troubleshoot the remote. They suggested users reset the Foxtel remote for issues like the remote not pairing, voice search not working, and buttons dysfunctional.
In this article, I will teach the procedure to reset the Foxtel Now box to its factory defaults.
How to Reset the Foxtel Remote
If the iQ3/iQ4/iQ5 streaming box is not responding to the Foxtel remote, you can reset the remote to fix the issue.
1. Eject the 2 AA batteries from the Foxtel remote.
2. Press all the remote buttons one by one to drain the residual power left in the remote.
Note: Make sure you have pressed all the buttons at least 4-5 times.
3. After that, insert the batteries back into the remote’s battery compartment. You should check the remote’s battery level before inserting it into the remote.
That’s it. You have successfully reset the Foxtel remote.
Note: If the Cox remote is not pairing with the Cox Contour Stream Player, you should reset the Cox remote to factory settings.
How to Check the Battery Level of Foxtel Remote
1. Turn on the Foxtel streaming box manually or using the remote.
2. Once the home screen appears, click the Settings icon at the top right corner.
3. Click System Settings and tap Go to System Settings at the right.
4. Choose Foxtel remote.
5. Click the Battery category to know the battery level in percentage.
- Unknown (0% charge)
- Low, must replace batteries (0-10% charge)
- Low (10-30% charge)
- Good (30-80% charge)
- Full (80-100% charge)
How to Soft Reset Foxtel Now Box
If the Foxtel Now box won’t turn on, you can soft reset the streaming box to troubleshoot the issue.
1. Locate the Reset button at the bottom of the Foxtel Now box.
2. Press the Reset button using a ballpoint pen and hold it for 3 seconds.
3. Click Begin Test, which appears on the screen.
It will take at least 30-40 seconds to complete the soft reset.
How to Factory Reset Foxtel Now Box With Remote
If the Foxtel Now box has been frozen or becomes unresponsive, you should reset the Foxtel Now box to factory settings.
1. Find the Reset button at the underside of the streaming box.
2. Take a ballpoint pen to press the Reset button and keep hold for 4 seconds or more.
Note: Remember that resetting will delete all the installed applications and temporary settings of the box.
3. Release the Reset button if you see the Factory data reset option on the screen.
4. Click on Factory data reset and press the OK button.
Alternate Way to Reset Foxtel Box with Remote
If you have Foxtel iQ3, press the Standby key on the front right of the Foxtel box. Keep hold of the Standby button for five seconds.
Those with Foxtel HD+ press the Select and Back keys on the left side of the box. The Foxtel Now box will restart now to finish the resetting procedure. Once completed, you can log in using your Foxtel Now credentials to access your account. Further, go to the Google Play Store to install any applications on your device.
Frequently Asked Questions
It indicates that the batteries don’t have a sufficient charge to work. Replace the old batteries with newer ones to resolve the issue.
A blue flashlight indicates that the Foxtel remote is paired using Bluetooth.
Press the Foxtel logo and Select keys simultaneously. Release these keys if you see a blue flashlight. The remote will be paired. If it doesn’t work, press the OK and HOME keys on the remote until you see a Pairing notification.