How to Program Dish Remote to TV Without Codes
Program Dish Remote to TV: Press the Home button → Settings → Remote Control → Select TV brand → Device Codes → Test Code → Finished.
Old Dish Remote to TV: Press TV/DVD button → Release if Mode buttons light up → Press Power button if the light blinks → Click Up → Click Up → Click #.
Program to Joey/Hopper DVR: Press the System Info button → SAT → Cancel/Back → System Info message.
To Receiver: Press System Info → SAT button → Record button → Done.
With New Remote Address: Press System Info → SAT button → Enter number b/t 1-26 → Press # → Click Record.
You will get a dish remote if you have purchased a Dish satellite TV box. You can even use this dish remote to control the DVD player. However, the instructions for programming will vary for each model. Make sure to program the dish remote to the TV or receiver based on the remote model you have. With this, you will get access to the maximum features of your TV.
How to Program Dish Remote to TV (For Latest Models)
If you have a dish remote with the series – 40.0, 50.0, 52.0, or 54.0, you can program the dish remote without using a code.
1. Press the Home button on your Dish remote twice.
Note: For 40.0 remotes, there will be no Home button. Therefore, you shall press the Menu button once.
2. Go to Settings from the menu.
3. Then, click on Remote Control.
4. From the list of options, tap TV Pairing Wizard.
5. Scroll through the options and select the TV brand you want to program.
6. Then, it will show you the list of device codes to pair the remote.
7. You can test each code by following the instructions that appear.
8. If the code is found valid, tap Finished.
Tip: You can repeat the steps with an alternate code if it is found invalid.
Note: By programming Altice Remote, you shall watch live TV and on-demand titles or record shows.
How to Program Old Dish Remote to TV
Power Scan is another method to program old dish remotes of the 20.0 or 21.0 series.
1. Firstly, direct the Dish remote to the device that you would like to program.
2. Press and hold the TV, DVD, or AUX button for about 10 seconds.
3. Release the button when the four Mode buttons light up.
4. When it continues to start blinking, press the Power button once.
5. If the Mode button stays idle, it is ready for programming.
6. Press the Up directional key on the remote to try the first code.
7. Further, continuously press the Up button every second until it turns off the device.
Note: Your device will turn off if the correct code is identified.
8. Next, click the # button on the remote to store the code. Lastly, the mode button blinks for confirmation.
How to Program Dish Remote to Joey or Hopper DVR
Here are the guidelines to program the dish remote to Joey or Hopper DVR.
1. Click the System Info button on the front side of Joey or Hopper DVR.
2. On the dish remote, tap the SAT button.
3. Next, click the Cancel or Back button on the remote.
4. As a result, the System Info on-screen message will disappear automatically.
4. It indicates that programming the dish remote to DVR is successful.
How to Program Dish Remote to Receiver
If only the Power and Volume buttons work on the dish remote, you can pair the remote to the receiver.
1. Initially, press the SYSTEM INFO button on the front side of your receiver.
2. Take your dish remote and press the SAT button.
3. Then click the RECORD button.
4. It will display the details of your receiver. Click Done.
Now you can test the remote by pressing the remote control functions.
Note: Learn about the Element TV Universal Remote Codes with Program Guide.
How to Program Dish Remote with New Remote Address
1. Firstly, click the SYSTEM INFO button on your receiver.
2. Press and hold the SAT button.
3. Release the SAT button when all the mode buttons on the remote start blinking.
4. Enter a number between 1-26 using the number pad to continue.
Note: Don’t enter the number which is already shown in the primary and secondary remote address.
5. Click the # Pound button and then press the RECORD button.
You have successfully programmed the dish remote to the receiver.
Frequently Asked Questions
Initially, check if the remote batteries have sufficient charge. Then change the remote address to the dish receiver to program it properly. Next, press and hold the TV button on the remote until all buttons start blinking. Now enter the code of your TV brand using the number pad. Then the LED light on the remote will flash thrice to indicate that it has been paired.