How to Reset DSTV Remote (All Models)
- Reset DSTV Explora Model A7 Remote: Press and hold the STANDBY and OPTION buttons → You will see three flashes → Enter 9 – 8 – 1 → Press OK.
- Reset DSTV Explora Model A6 Remote: Press and hold the STANDBY and ARC keys → Release STANDBY button → Enter 9949 → Release ARC button.
- To Reset DSTV PVR Remote: Press and hold down the SHIFT key → You will see three flashes → Enter 977.
Is your DSTV remote not responding properly? If yes, then try to reset your DSTV remote. Generally, the DSTV remote may not be working due to various reasons such as remote malfunction, batteries being weak, LED lights flashing inappropriately, IR signals being weak, etc. Besides that, the remote may also become faulty due to wear and tear. If the remote is unfit to use, we recommend users buy a universal remote instead of resetting it.
When Should I Reset DSTV Remote
DSTV remote needs to be reset if you have noticed any of these reasons.
|1||When one or more remote buttons are not working properly|
|2||If your DSTV is not responding to the remote commands|
|3||If the remote fails to pair with your DSTV after multiple tries|
|4||When the remote’s indicator light is blinking frequently|
|5||If the remote requires repeated button presses for functioning|
Before resetting, you should be aware of a few things. Else, the reset will never work at all.
- You have to choose the right remote because the resetting process will vary for each remote.
- Simply look at the backside of the DSTV remote to find out the model number.
- While resetting, ensure that there are no obstructions between the TV and the remote.
- Check if the batteries in the remote have adequate charge.
How to Factory Reset DSTV Explora Remote (Model A7)
1. On your DSTV Explora remote, press and hold the STANDBY and OPTION buttons at the same time for 3 seconds. The LED light will blink two times.
2. Press the “9” button and check if a red LED light flashes once.
3. Next, press the “8” button and you will see a blinking red light once.
4. Press the “1” button. Now the LED flashes red two times.
5. Finally, press the OK button and hold it for 3 seconds until the red light blinks four times.
How to Factory Reset DSTV Explora Remote (Model A6)
You can use this method to reset other DSTV remote models like A4 and B8.
1. Press and hold the STANDBY and ARC keys at a time for 3 seconds. The LED light will flash in amber (orange).
2. Hold down the ARC button and release the STANDBY button.
3. Without releasing the ARC button, enter 9949. Wait until you see three green blinks.
4. Once you see the green light release the ARC button.
That’s it. You have successfully unlocked the DSTV remote to make it work.
How to Factory Reset a DSTV PVR Remote
1. On your DSTV PSR remote, press and hold down the SHIFT key.
2. Wait until you see three flashes from Mode Window.
3. Enter 977. Following that, the indicator light will blink thrice.
The DSTV PVR remote has been reset successfully.
How to Reset My DSTV Decoder
1. Press the Blue DStv button on the remote controller.
2. Navigate to Settings using the directional keys.
3. Select System Settings and click on Reset to Factory Default.
4. Finally, confirm the choice by clicking the OK button.
How to Fix DSTV Remote Not Working
The following are the workarounds that you should try to fix if the DSTV remote fails to work.
- Ensure that the batteries of your remote are not discharged. If the batteries are drained, remove the old batteries and replace them with a pair of new batteries.
- Unpair your remote from the TV and pair it again.
- Check if the IR sensor has become dirty due to smudges. Clean the sensor as well as the remote with a microfiber cloth.
- Replace your remote with a new one or use the compatible DSTV remote app.
Press and hold the i button on the remote for 3 seconds until you see a flashing green light on 1 (below the i button).