- Reset Westinghouse TV Remote: Remove the batteries → Hold the Power button → Insert the batteries to complete the reset.
- Reset Westinghouse Roku TV Remote: Turn off the TV → Eject remote batteries → After 5 seconds, turn on the TV → If TV logo appears, insert batteries → Press and hold Pairing button → Once paired, use the remote.
Despite being a great brand, sometimes you might encounter an issue with a Westinghouse TV remote. But, most of the time, the remote will start to function after changing the batteries. Else, you can clean the remote and TV sensor, clear the obstructions, and restart your Westinghouse TV to make the remote work. If the Westinghouse TV remote is dysfunctional after troubleshooting, you can try to reset the remote before buying a replacement remote.
- Make sure that the remote batteries have adequate charge.
- There is no physical damage to the remote, buttons, and IR receiver.
- Clear the obstructions that hide the path between the remote and the TV.
When Should I Reset Westinghouse TV Remote
Westinghouse remote needs to be reset if you have noticed any of these reasons.
|When the Westinghouse TV remote is not working even after changing the batteries
|If the power button or any other buttons not functioning properly
|If the remote misbehaves like if you press one button but it triggers another button
|When you can’t able to pair the remote with your Westinghouse TV
|If the remote is responding very slowly to the button presses
How to Soft Reset Westinghouse TV Remote
 Remove the batteries from the Westinghouse TV remote.
 Press and hold the Power button for 60 seconds.
 After that, insert the batteries back into the remote according to their polarities.
That’s it. Your Westinghouse TV remote has been reset successfully.
Note: If the TV remote is found defective, you can use the Westinghouse TV remote app as a substitute remote.
How to Reset Westinghouse Roku TV Remote
If you can’t able to pair your remote to your Westinghouse Roku TV, you can reset and pair it as follows.
 Turn off your Westinghouse Roku TV and remove the batteries from the remote.
 After 5 seconds, turn on your Westinghouse Roku TV and insert the batteries back into the remote.
 Press and hold the Pairing button on the remote for at least 5 seconds.
 Release the Pairing button if the indicator light begins to flash.
 Once the remote is paired, you will see a confirmation message on the TV screen.
Note: You don’t have to depend on the Roku voice remote to control your Westinghouse Roku TV. Instead, you can install The Roku App on your smartphone and use it to control your TV.
How to Fix Westinghouse TV Remote Not Working
If your Westinghouse TV remote is not working properly, follow the below-mentioned methods to fix it by yourself.
- If the remote is not working, inspect the batteries if they are dead. Check and replace the old batteries with newer ones.
- Remove any obstructions and ensure a clear line of sight between the remote and the TV.
- Clean the sensor and remote buttons with a soft cloth as they may get stuck due to dirt on the button.
- Restart your TV. This will clear and fix the minor bugs and issues on your TV. Simply, unplug the TV cord from the power socket and plug it back in after a few seconds.
- It is recommended to reset Westinghouse TV if your TV is unresponsive to any of the remote commands.
Westinghouse Roku TV has a physical Reset pinhole on its backside. Using a paper clip or needle, press and hold the Reset button for at least 20 seconds to factory reset.
You can download the Remote for Westinghouse TV on your smartphone from Play Store and control the Westinghouse TV without a remote.